WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SAW SOMEONE WHO WAS TRULY HAPPY?

Stockdale

Native American Beach Bum
My wife was driving down a residential street near UCLA, and I had the passenger's window open. Some college guys were in the street throwing around a rugby ball, and one of the guys faked a hand-off to me in the car, and was giving out a big smile. My wife commented that you don't see someone that open everyday.

When we got to the specialty grocery store, we saw the rugby guy. He had the rugby ball with him, and from three aisles away he shouted, "Go for it," and threw me the ball! Others in the store, my wife and I got a kick out of it.

Riding home my wife commented that it had been a long time since she saw someone that happy. While the guy was not your typical Hollywood type poser, his personality shown through bigger than life. My wife commented that we could all learn form the guy. People like openness and personality in people, and few of us make the simple effort show that side of themselves, but don't hesitate to spend time and money on physical appearance. I call this a current event we should all consider when looking for a date, a hookup or to make a friend.

RUGBY19-11-09-01-07-20.gif

Last edited:
Every day I look in the mirror.[/QUOTE]

Good for you. I am reminded of a recent episode of The Sopranos. Tony had just come out of the hospital after a near death experience. He was telling his shrink that he had learned about being thankful for each and every day. However, he found that as his day went on, more and more negative things about reality pushed into his life, and he had little choice but to acknowledge these problems. It brought him down.

I am inclined to go along with a friend at work. He maintains that in your late teens and early twenties, life is a roller coaster. You are radically up at one minute enjoying the events of a party, and the next you are in jail for disorderly conduct. He maintains that as you age the highs are not so high, but the lows are not so low.

As I enter my thirties simply sunning at the beach, playing volley ball, or surfing, I enjoy the slower pace of happiness. But, receiving that rugby ball was really fun!

I don't like risky activity, I get enough of that at the office. What if I had fallen into an end-aisle display of bottles of fruit juice?

peru-surf.jpg

Last edited:
Being happy is mainly a choice you make. Yeah, shit can happen to ruin a moment, but the basics of being happy come from inside.

I am one of the happiest people I know.

being an open and playful person is part of my very nature.

Being female its gets complicated.

Men will often think you are making a pass at them.

So Im very careful and usually dont do it with guys.

every time I hear a kid cry in a store I try to do something to make them stop and think.

My favorite is when a child is crying is to walk past them and have the sadest face I can make to get their attention.

The usual reaction is they stop crying and look at you like "whats wrong?".

I then give them a beaming smile.

kids love it.

I love it when a kid is just sitting in the cart being so good and I Grin a silly grin at them and wave.

Those kids are usually the beamers.

They just turn into smily grinny happy bundles of joy.

Adult human beings often dont trust a kind silly gesture.

I still try to do them.

Im telling you though often men will react really wierdly when this old lady tries to fun with them.

I guess the couger image is just too real these days.

I find it very surprising that there are as many really happy people as there are in this thread. Often I have thought my wife and I were so lucky we better keep our mouths shut about being happy. There is always some loser out there who gets their kicks bringing other people down. I am pleased to be a happy person, but I keep my guard up.

3911975756.jpg

wow you really didnt get it did you?

When I joke with men ( especially younger ones) they tend to think Im hitting on them.

I really dont like that part.

I am 55 and when I look at a thirty five year old man and they look like a boy to me.

I know they are full blown men but to see them sexually for me is creepy.

I like to joke and play with people and make them smile and chuckle.

Young men have a tendency to think they are being hit on.

Example: my girl dog ( I have three dogs) when I take her to the dog park she is very friendly and will immediately submitt ( lay down and show her belly) to other dogs.

I will teasingly say to her "At least make them buy you Dinner first".

Its fun to see who laughs and who doesnt.

Young men sometimes get really nervous.

I think they think Im hitting on them.

I love how some people use self esteem issue thing.

I battled that for many a year.

People on here who have known me for years know that I had a verbally abusive functioning alcoholic father.

There is no crime to having self esteem issues.

In my old age I have pretty much overcome them.

If you dont like who I am then Im pretty much done with you.

You see if you dont like who I am you are likely not going to treat me very nicely so the best thing is for me to just leave you out of my life.

Its a good plan for anyones life.

This life is way too short to spend trying to please people who dont want to be pleased BUT are trying to make you feel like shit so they can manipulate you.

THAT is just what your silly little butt is trying to do.

You aint moved me so move along.

Now do you realize a HEALTHY self esteem involves self questioning?

maybe your self esteem could use the improvement of some self examinations of your tact with people and why you feel the need to make others feel less about themselves?

Back