Whites don't use this quote.

Just because someone claims to be something in a forum doesn't mean it's true. We have people here who claim to be (I exaggerate) Rocket scientist or Nero-surgeons. So anyone can claim to be anything. There are too many racists that will assume a black persona in order to make blacks look bad. Same with conservatives and liberals. So to answer your question No, I'm not sure she is a she or black.

That's true, we've seen ppl claim to be teachers and doctors too, who aren't.

That being said, you have no reason to doubt TTQ's statements that she is a black woman. You guys just don't like the Dr. King quote that she opened this thread with, because it is painfully true -- 50+ years later. So instead of discussing the quote and what it means today, you all attack the messenger.

That's true, we've seen ppl claim to be teachers and doctors too, who aren't.

That being said, you have no reason to doubt TTQ's statements that she is a black woman. You guys just don't like the Dr. King quote that she opened this thread with, because it is painfully true -- 50+ years later. So instead of discussing the quote and what it means today, you all attack the messenger.

No I object to taking a statement out of context. As I said
This was rhetorical. He had the answers ready. He said that it failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. That large segments of society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality and humanity. This was 1967
The last part puts the true meaning of his words into context. Chopping up Dr. King's words does him a great injustice.

Take this statement,

And those who hope that the Negro needed to blow off steam and will now be content will have a rude awakening if the nation returns to business as usual. [enthusiastic applause] There will be neither rest nor tranquility in America until the Negro is granted his citizenship rights. The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our nation until the bright day of justice emerges.

Sounds like he is endorsing revolution doesn't it?

But when this is added it takes on a whole new meaning.

But there is something that I must say to my people, who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice: in the process of gaining our rightful place, we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. (My Lord, No, no, no, no) [applause] We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence. (My Lord) Again and again (No, no), we must rise to the majestic heights (Yes) of meeting physical force with soul force. (My Lord) The marvelous new militancy which has engulfed the Negro community must not lead us to a distrust of all white people (Hmm), for many of our white brothers, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny [sustained applause], and they have come to realize that their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom. We cannot walk alone.

Full text https://kinginstitute.stanford.edu/...s-delivered-march-washington-jobs-and-freedom

The quotes from MLK and Nelson Mandela posted seem to be making the point as intended....very much so.... The OP? Not so much....

So good it needs posted again;) And it was:cool: "It works"....so very well:)
“No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.”

― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction. So when Jesus says “Love your enemies,” he is setting forth a profound and ultimately inescapable admonition. Have we not come to such an impasse in the modern world that we must love our enemies– or else? The chain reaction of evil–hate begetting hate, wars producing wars–must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation.”

― Martin Luther King Jr., Strength to Love

2Qwjpq0.jpg

The biggest road block to get rid of bad caps are the police unions. It's really not that different than trying to get rid of bad teachers. How do officers with multiple complaints against them remain on the force? Because their unions protect them.

It is very likely that racist driven posts will start moving to the NSFW arena. Folks cannot have this kind of thing showing up on their feeds when they are in the office. Thankfully we have an area designed just for that.

It is very likely that racist driven posts will start moving to the NSFW arena. Folks cannot have this kind of thing showing up on their feeds when they are in the office. Thankfully we have an area designed just for that.

Maybe have a 'Racist Posts' Forum?

Back