Who are the Dan Carlin fans??

What is it you like about him??

Recently a friend was telling me about him & I listen to a few things & I his history takes but I had never heard of him before??
Cause it isn't dry purely academic history. He uses a narrative approach to describe important historical events, the new concepts and precedents they established and their consequences down through history. It's like a combination of history and theatre.

I like listening to him so far....

He seems to have several interesting historical discussions I am planning to listen to...

Last edited:
Had to google him, I don't do blogs and podcasts but I'm listening to his latest Common Sense now and am about 10 minutes in and so far I can identify with him. But like I said, I don't do blogs and podcasts so...

It's too bad his podcasts are so infrequent. I don't see why he doesn't split his history podcasts up into 30 minute to hour long chunks instead of releasing one massive 4 hour long audiobook every 4 or so months.

It's too bad his podcasts are so infrequent. I don't see why he doesn't split his history podcasts up into 30 minute to hour long chunks instead of releasing one massive 4 hour long audiobook every 4 or so months.

I am downloading them & then chunking them for my mp3 player....

Cause it isn't dry purely academic history. He uses a narrative approach to describe important historical events, the new concepts and precedents they established and their consequences down through history. It's like a combination of history and theatre.
It takes a true historian to present history like that. Nicely stated.

Back