Who dat say dey gonna beat da Saints?

It's interesting looking at Nawlin stats. They are a bit deceptive. At initial glance they look like they are by far and away the best offense in the NFL with an average defense. But when you look at their turnover ratios and how good their defense is at creating turnovers and how that sets up the offense for scoring it makes Nawlins offense look more down to earth (though certainly one of the best if not the best offense in the NFL) and it sure does make their defense look a whole lot more respectable.

Clearly turn overs are a key to beating Nawlins.

Only if they play them outdoors in the Bengals stadium, something unlikely to occur this season.
Well unless something unforseen happens the road to the superbowl in the AFC lies through Indy. Having said that, If the Bengals are on top of their game, they can beat anyone in the league and let's not forget that Indy has a notorious record for choking in big games. How many times has Indy dominated in the regular season only to have New England or Pittsburgh eat their lunch in the playoffs? I'm more concerned about San Diego....they seem to be on a roll.

It's interesting looking at Nawlin stats. They are a bit deceptive. At initial glance they look like they are by far and away the best offense in the NFL with an average defense. But when you look at their turnover ratios and how good their defense is at creating turnovers and how that sets up the offense for scoring it makes Nawlins offense look more down to earth (though certainly one of the best if not the best offense in the NFL) and it sure does make their defense look a whole lot more respectable.

Clearly turn overs are a key to beating Nawlins.

MN screwed up letting us have Sharper, he's by far the best saftey we ever had.

BTW for you Bama fans. Andre Smith started yesterday. Withworth, who is having an all pro year, moved over to the left side of the line. The Bengal OL looks scary good now on the run and are 4 deep at RB with Benson, Scott, Johnson and Leanard. I'm thinking it's going to be between Cinci and SD in the AFC as predictbably Indy will choke again in the playoffs.

ONly an Ohioslow fan would think the Bungles could beat the colts.
Normally you'd be dead on right but Cinci swept the toughest divison in the NFL and are two fluke plays from only having one loss. They have the best defense in the NFl and one of the best rushing attacks which just got a hell of a lot better with Smith and Johnson now contributing. Recent history has favored teams in the post season that can dominate on defense and establish the run. Not to mention we have one of the best QB's in the league. I like the Bengals chances.

I enjoy a Saints game here and there. How are they doing this season? I have an old high school friend who plays for them now (Josh Bullocks) and his twin brother plays for the Lions.

BTW for you Bama fans. Andre Smith started yesterday. Withworth, who is having an all pro year, moved over to the left side of the line. The Bengal OL looks scary good now on the run and are 4 deep at RB with Benson, Scott, Johnson and Leanard. I'm thinking it's going to be between Cinci and SD in the AFC as predictbably Indy will choke again in the playoffs.

He is an awesome force on the line.

Roman Harper is also a force on the Nawlins defense.

Ummmm....Mott? They couldn't beat the Vikings. Matter of fact, they couldn't even play the same game as the Vikings.

He is an awesome force on the line.

Roman Harper is also a force on the Nawlins defense.
Not so far at the pro level he's not. He hasn't even cracked the starting line up yet. Granted, he came in late and then had an injury. He's healthy now but he's just not quite pro fit or up to playing the game at pro speed....yet. But he's only a rookie.

Ummmm....Mott? They couldn't beat the Vikings. Matter of fact, they couldn't even play the same game as the Vikings.
Yea they put an ass whoopin on us. That's for sure. If we don't put an ass whoopin on SD then you wouldn't have to be Nostradamous to predict we won't do to well in the post season but still.....considering the post Paul Brown era of the Bengals.....This has been a great year. I'm very pleased. We have a very young defense with an all pro DE, two very talented and young LB's and two of the best corners in the game and our Safety is top notch too and our offensive line is just monstrous good. We had one hell of a good draft this year and the offensive transition to a ground oriented offense was a brilliant decision. I'm quite optimistic for the next few years (famous last words for a Bengals fan).

Back