Who gives a shit about nike?

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
guys... it's not that important of an issue.

Yes colin kaepernick is a retard. ok.

but your lives will be so much better if you don't worry about every ticky tack little thing that happens in our culture. It's a fucking shoe deal. who cares.

Like in current events right now there is maybe 10+ threads talking about this. It's just not worth it. It's what I call an outrage trap.

If you really want to get at your enemies, don't hate them. Be indifferent.

It is an "issue" totally created by Trump playing to his base, prior to his even mentioning it less than six NFL players were taking knees, and the numbers had been diminishing.

It still plays on the right, and Nike suddlely stuck it to the President

Sweet Jesus, Mother of God!

Many of our concerned Forum members have a large stock position in NIKE. How much of a dent will this cause in their investment returns?

but your lives will be so much better if you don't worry about every ticky tack little thing that happens in our culture. It's a fucking shoe deal. who cares.

Like in current events right now there is maybe 10+ threads talking about this. It's just not worth it. It's what I call an outrage trap.

Who gives a shit about nike?

Folks who start threads on it.

Sweet Jesus, Mother of God!

Many of our concerned Forum members have a large stock position in NIKE. How much of a dent will this cause in their investment returns?

I have none in Nike. No changes expected in what I have, they're rising.

Im surprised you dont see how much of a game changer this is. I fully support what Nike did. For the longest time society has given people endorsement deals based on sport skills or how good they look (actors and sports people) basically physical appearance. Nike moved past that and gave a deal to kap based on his advocacy for a political ideology. When you buy his merch your not buying it based on his QB skills your buying it cuz he was the first kneeler. Kap is the ideal bridge because he was a QB at first but he will not be the last. We could see Ben Shapiro line of clothing next. As I said in another thread maybe a tsuke line of clothing in the future.

It is true that Nike has effectively commercialized civil strife as they will get a sales bump every time a black random is killed but I think the price is worth it to move past a society where actors and sportspeople are the most highly valued into one where those who advocate ideas are.

Im surprised you dont see how much of a game changer this is. I fully support what Nike did. For the longest time society has given people endorsement deals based on sport skills or how good they look (actors and sports people) basically physical appearance. Nike moved past that and gave a deal to kap based on his advocacy for a political ideology. When you buy his merch your not buying it based on his QB skills your buying it cuz he was the first kneeler. Kap is the ideal bridge because he was a QB at first but he will not be the last. We could see Ben Shapiro line of clothing next. As I said in another thread maybe a tsuke line of clothing in the future.

It is true that Nike has effectively commercialized civil strife as they will get a sales bump every time a black random is killed but I think the price is worth it to move past a society where actors and sportspeople are the most highly valued into one where those who advocate ideas are.

You'd prefer to see someone endorsed and publicized by large corporations for their despise of our country rather than their abilities?
Remember, he said "a country," last I knew, you liberals were also part of this country. Are they too stupid to see they're being insulted too?

You'd prefer to see someone endorsed and publicized by large corporations for their despise of our country rather than their abilities?
Remember, he said "a country," last I knew, you liberals were also part of this country. Are they too stupid to see they're being insulted too?

colin of the left was the first. Who says shapiro of the right wont be next?

Record this folks. It’s a rare instance where Grind is actually right.

When it comes to sports I found Howard Cosell and Bob Costas with their histrionics far more obnoxious than some athlete taking a knee or raising a fist.

Compared to Ali refusing to be inducted during war time Kaps taking a knee is trivial.

I heard the same nonsense about Ali. He ended up being right about Vietnam and Civil Rights and though vilified at that time far more than Kap became this nations most beloved and admired athlete.

I heard the same nonsense about Ali. He ended up being right about Vietnam and Civil Rights and though vilified at that time far more than Kap became this nations most beloved and admired athlete.

Speak for yourself. I don't admire Ali either.

Compared to Ali refusing to be inducted during war time Kaps taking a knee is trivial.

if you bought ali merch you would buy it not because he did what he did during the war but because of his boxing skills. at least thats how he was marketed. If you buy kap merch your buying it because he is a kneeler.

I cant believe people cant make this simple connection.

This whole Nike thing isn't even on my radar. I have never seen Kaepernick play, nor worn a pair of Nike shoes. So this whole thing is NBD to me.

This isn't about anything but money....
how unfortunate that Nike chose him to narrate an otherwise wonderful ad. He doesn't deserve to be "honored" in the same breath as those featured in the commercial..He's done nothing honorable...he's made no sacrifice"... "‘
Nikeblewit.....Kaepernick is no role model...
‘( But then, this has never been about role models...this is all about the Benjamins, isn't it?) The more controversy,the biggest the bucks...

This isn't about anything but money....
how unfortunate that Nike chose him to narrate an otherwise wonderful ad. He doesn't deserve to be "honored" in the same breath as those featured in the commercial..He's done nothing honorable...he's made no sacrifice"... "‘
Nikeblewit.....Kaepernick is no role model...
‘( But then, this has never been about role models...this is all about the Benjamins, isn't it?) The more controversy,the biggest the bucks...

It's what capitalism is about!Make money!
What kind of half ass Conservative are you?Capitalism drives the conservative movement!
Going rogue Top?Turning Commie!

Back