who is really living with mom and dad

A rush to pull out cash
Worried about the stability of mortgage giant Countrywide Financial, depositors crowd branches.
By E. Scott Reckard and Annette Haddad
August 17, 2007

Anxious customers jammed the phone lines and website of Countrywide Bank and crowded its branch offices to pull out their savings because of concerns about the financial problems of the mortgage lender that owns the bank.

Countrywide Financial Corp., the biggest home-loan company in the nation, sought Thursday to assure depositors and the financial industry that both it and its bank were fiscally stable. And federal regulators said they weren't alarmed by the volume of withdrawals from the bank.

The mortgage lender said it would further tighten its loan standards and make fewer large mortgages. Those moves could make it harder to get a home loan and further depress the housing market in California and other states.

The rush to withdraw money -- by depositors that included a former Los Angeles Kings star hockey player and an executive of a rival home-loan company -- came a day after fears arose that Countrywide Financial could file for bankruptcy protection because of a worsening credit crunch stemming from the sub-prime mortgage meltdown.

The parent firm borrowed $11.5 billion Thursday by using up an existing line of credit from 40 banks, saying the money would help the lender meet its funding needs and continue to grow. But stock investors, apparently alarmed that the company felt compelled to use the credit line, sent Countrywide's already battered stock down an additional 11%.

A Bank Run......what next?

Because you wanted to make it seem like all was well and some foolish owners were panicking

No Desh, I mocked the people who made a run on a bank... THEY were panicking. I mocked the panic because panicking rarely if ever leads to a good outcome... in ANYTHING.

why did you try to say there were NO experts panicking?

why was that your first comment?

1) It was not my first comment, it was my second
2) I didn't... I ASKED YOU WHAT EXPERTS WERE PANICKING.... you moron... YOU JUST POSTED THE LINE... yet you are already LYING AGAIN about what I stated.

you were poo pooing the coming mess.

Your so dishonest you refuse to admitt what you were doing back then

Back