Who says girls don't get off on cars?

Next time you are out in public, look at who is driving that Miata... it's either going to be a chick or a gay guy. Guaranteed!

The only "race car schools" who use Miatas, are fake ones. They fix up a Miata like the go-cart tracks doll up a go-cart, to make pencil dicks think they are driving a "real" race car... yet a Miata is entirely safe, and could never actually go fast enough to kill you.
Dude......you've never driven a miata or a BMW Z series. There designed for road racing and not track. Miata's are not only impresively fun sports cars but if you're going to take one on the tail of the dragon and get on it, I'd advise taking lessons as you probably would end up dead. There serious pieces of equipment and should be respected as such. As for being Chick cars, so what? I know quite a few ladies who'd run you off the road, no matter what car you put them in. Then there's the point on SCCA racing. I went to an SCCA sponsored racing school at Mid Ohio, one of the best road coarses in the nation. It's not like you got to take your hot rod. You pay X dollars, sit through the classes and then they take you out in a miata. Now there must be a reason why this school has a fleet of miata's. #1, there excellent road cars and #2, their quite affordable.

So don't sell them short and deny your self some fun. Would I rather own a $80,000 Corvette spec'd out for road racing? Hell yes. But I don't have that kind of budget but I can afford a Miata or a Mini Cooper. If I was to buy a roadster I'd probably buy a used BMW Z series. The problem with roadsters though is that they are not very practical here up north.

You idiot. They provide the cars at the race cars schools and where in the world did you get the idea that a sporster is a chick car? Probably cause your another pencil dick who compensates by driving some big SUV when you've neve been off road in your life. Look, I know that in the south only over powered taxi cabs that can only turn left are considered sports cars but I'll take a Miata over a Dodge Charger on the Dragons tail anyday!
They provide you with a Miata like they provide beginner pilots with trainers. They want you to learn to walk before you start to run.

I drive a large SUV because I drive to winter sports venues every weekend for 4 months/ year. I need cargo capacity and 4WD, and my wife insists on the luxurious ride. I don't see a need to drive it in the woods, ripping up the topsoil and polluting the creeks.

Dixie, have you been to Barber Motor Speedway? The road racing is getting more and more popular.

Very familiar with Barber, I have been a couple of times to the motorcycle races, and saw the Indy-car race last year. It's an awesome track, but I really LOVED the museum.

I've heard the same thing said about Mini Coopers. To which I say....ever drove one? There a fucking blast to drive. I call them "Jewish Sports Cars" not only can they turn on a dime....they'll pick the damned thing up too! ;)

I'm pretty sure Dixie and DY would look down there noses as SCCA racing but the fact is that most amature racing isn't on some dirt track where you only turn left unless you're doing a slide job. Not that I'm putting dirt track racing down. But if you haven't raced on a road coarse in a car designed to make tight turns, you're missing a lot. Dixie has never driven a Miata I'm sure. They weigh about 2000 lbs, have a balanced sports chasis with a wide wheel base and a power plant that puts out about 160 HP. You can hit top speeds of around 135 to 140. More importantly, you can scream through a 25mph curve at around 60 mph if you know what you're doing and if you don't think thats fun....well that's your loss. :)

Dude......you've never driven a miata or a BMW Z series. There designed for road racing and not track. Miata's are not only impresively fun sports cars but if you're going to take one on the tail of the dragon and get on it, I'd advise taking lessons as you probably would end up dead. There serious pieces of equipment and should be respected as such. As for being Chick cars, so what? I know quite a few ladies who'd run you off the road, no matter what car you put them in. Then there's the point on SCCA racing. I went to an SCCA sponsored racing school at Mid Ohio, one of the best road coarses in the nation. It's not like you got to take your hot rod. You pay X dollars, sit through the classes and then they take you out in a miata. Now there must be a reason why this school has a fleet of miata's. #1, there excellent road cars and #2, their quite affordable.

So don't sell them short and deny your self some fun. Would I rather own a $80,000 Corvette spec'd out for road racing? Hell yes. But I don't have that kind of budget but I can afford a Miata or a Mini Cooper. If I was to buy a roadster I'd probably buy a used BMW Z series. The problem with roadsters though is that they are not very practical here up north.

Mott, I have driven a Miata, my friend (a girl) has one. Fun little car... wait, can you classify it as a "car?" Okay, I will stop making fun of the relatively small horsepower machines some people obviously enjoy racing, I remember how much I enjoyed racing those go-carts at the beach, so I guess it's all subjective, to each his own. Put me in a BMW Z or a Corvette, and I bet I can beat you in ANY Miata! lol

SCCA racing is fine, I really enjoy all kinds of auto racing, I'm just picking on the lowly Miatas today. My preference is stock car racing because my dad was a stock car racer, as well as my uncle. Growing up, my dad was close friends with the Allison brothers, they worked on cars in the garage behind my house when I was a baby. Donnie wanted my dad to go with him to Indy to learn how to drive Indy cars, but my dad ended up in the hospital after a terrible accident, and Donnie went without him. Later Donnie Allison would make history as the only driver to race in the World 600 and Indy 500 on the same day... now it is done routinely, almost every year by someone, but DA did it first, and my dad was almost a part of it. In any event, I grew up around racing, more than the typical southerner.

Back to street cars and how the Miata is a chick car... like the new VW bug... ever see a straight guy driving one? Now this is not to say that because Miatas are chick cars, they aren't good race cars, they are just not really fast race cars, comparatively speaking. Even though it's a chick car, I doubt you'd ever catch Danica Patrick in one.

In Panama City, they have 5hp go-carts racing, and some fairly competitive racing... it's the same thing. And let's clarify, RACING has absolutely NOTHING to do with street cars you would buy from a dealership. The only thing "Mazda Racing" has to do with "Mazda" is the letters in the name and the brand logo. Other than that, the machines are entirely different. As for what I know about racing, I wouldn't recommend you get into a deep water debate with me on the subject. That's all I will say.

You know nothing of what you blather, clearly. News flash: the spec racers start as ordinary street-going Miatas! Plenty of people run their daily-driven MX5's on SOLO autocrosses.

I've heard the same thing said about Mini Coopers. To which I say....ever drove one? There a fucking blast to drive. I call them "Jewish Sports Cars" not only can they turn on a dime....they'll pick the damned thing up too! ;)

Yes, I have driven a Cooper & couldn't wait to get out of it! Cramped, wrong-wheel drive, bizarre ergonomics, horrendous torque steer, ride like an oxcart. For their tiny size, the mileage isn't impressive.

I'm pretty sure Dixie and DY would look down there noses as SCCA racing but the fact is that most amature racing isn't on some dirt track where you only turn left unless you're doing a slide job. Not that I'm putting dirt track racing down. But if you haven't raced on a road coarse in a car designed to make tight turns, you're missing a lot. Dixie has never driven a Miata I'm sure. They weigh about 2000 lbs, have a balanced sports chasis with a wide wheel base and a power plant that puts out about 160 HP. You can hit top speeds of around 135 to 140. More importantly, you can scream through a 25mph curve at around 60 mph if you know what you're doing and if you don't think thats fun....well that's your loss. :)

Anyone that knocks a Miata's handling has never driven one! Only the later MazdaSpeed turbo cars can be called "fast" (early 1.6 cars only had about 110HP & top out around 115), but every Miata handles like a slot car!

Very familiar with Barber, I have been a couple of times to the motorcycle races, and saw the Indy-car race last year. It's an awesome track, but I really LOVED the museum.

Mott, I have driven a Miata, my friend (a girl) has one. Fun little car... wait, can you classify it as a "car?" Okay, I will stop making fun of the relatively small horsepower machines some people obviously enjoy racing, I remember how much I enjoyed racing those go-carts at the beach, so I guess it's all subjective, to each his own. Put me in a BMW Z or a Corvette, and I bet I can beat you in ANY Miata! lol

OK. Hit the forums at www.miata.net and issue that challenge. There will be people LINING UP to humiliate you!

street cars and how the Miata is a chick car... like the new VW bug... ever see a straight guy driving one?

Dozens, and that was just at one autocross!

Whether a car is good for racing depends on what sort of racing as much as the car.

The Vette would blow the doors off the Miata in a straight shot, 0-60 run. Drag racing there would be no contest.

But on a curving track where the turns are tight and balanced chassis is critical, the Miata might surprise you. I once saw a TR-6 smoke a Vette on a curvy road. Of course, the Vette driver was careful and the Triumph driver was nuts, but just the same...

Honestly...I think I'd rather have one of Flyin' Miata's turnkey LS3 conversions! 430HP, close to 30MPG on a road trip, about 1200lbs less lard (great as the new Mustang is, it needs a diet), and I can put the top down on a nice day!

And come on! Man up and follow through! Hit the forums at www.miata.net and issue your challenge. There will be people LINING UP to humiliate you!

Honestly...I think I'd rather have one of Flyin' Miata's turnkey LS3 conversions! 430HP, close to 30MPG on a road trip, about 1200lbs less lard (great as the new Mustang is, it needs a diet), and I can put the top down on a nice day!

And come on! Man up and follow through! Hit the forums at www.miata.net and issue your challenge. There will be people LINING UP to humiliate you!

Dude, you can buy a Mustang STOCK with 650 HP. And you can put the convertible top down. Probably for less money. Detroit high-strength steel weighs more than Japanese recycled soda cans.

And come on! Man up and follow through! Hit the forums at www.allfordmustangs.com and issue your challenge. There will be people LINING UP to humiliate you!

Dude, you can buy a Mustang STOCK with 650 HP. And you can put the convertible top down. Probably for less money. Detroit high-strength steel weighs more than Japanese recycled soda cans.

And come on! Man up and follow through! Hit the forums at www.allfordmustangs.com and issue your challenge. There will be people LINING UP to humiliate you!

The special edition Laguna Seca stang has a 444 hp., but road racing is about much more than horsepower.

And point of order for both you and Jakalope... it really doesn't matter what forum fans of either have to say about it. What matters is who wins races on the track. I don't even know if Mustangs can race against Miatas, I think they are different classes. Both are respectable in their class, and neither are the top of the class. Both are fun street cars to drive... Miatas tend to be driven more by women and gay men... but they are still fun to drive.

For the price of a 650HP Mustang (which is still about 1200lbs too porky), I'll take a Corvette. The Shelby Mustangs are shockingly overpriced. A Flyin' Miata LS3 conversion will run about $28-30,000...a new Mustang GT500 ragtop is about $60K.

There is no excuse for a new Mustang to be HEAVIER than my Dodge Magnum! A convertable Mustang is just short of two tons. That is ridiculous...it's heavier than my Cherokee, it's as heavy as my wife's big Grand National (a larger car on a full perimeter frame), it's not far off the weight of a Crown Victoria!

I never made any challenge...I simply pointed out that a Miata is a bona fide sports car & they are all superb handlers. You are the one that made the foolish challenge.

Again, I never made any challenge. YOU made the foolish challenge. You need to either man up and follow through or admit you posted something stupid.

Sorry, it wasn't you, it was Dixie...each of you essentially is parroting the other.

I do not own and have never owned a Miata. Are you old enough to drive yet, kid?

So you make a baseless accusation along with a challenge and that's the best apology that you can muster? Insulting me further by calling me a 'parrot' and a 'child'?

I'm old enough to actually purchase and insure a real sports car, as well as old enough not to have to.

Back