Who will be the first?

Who will be the first to graduate from college, get a job and move out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm tempted to ask, "is this even a valid question?" The fact remains, however, that Watermark has the best range of academic abilities amongst the Holy Trinity (I have the absolute worst, but I was obsessed with speed, so I'm done), and if he secures a scientifically-based major, such as engineering, chemistry, or physics, then he can potentially get a good job ahead of Grind.

Watermark's primary handicap is that he is the youngest member of the Holy Trinity, which goes Grind-Myself-Billy-Watermark, and since many science degrees take an extra year, he's destined to have a 5-year program (especially if he double-majors with English). By comparison, I completed a history degree in 3 years (Epic did the same thing, except I think he was PoliSci, and is now in law school), which is the time it takes to get a mere associates in engineering (ASME, ASCE).

Both have had, or currently have, jobs. Waters already moved out. Grind is more likely to graduate first because he started sooner. Mott is equally jealous of both our youth and superior mental capacities.

Yes, and technically, Billy would have graduated last June had he not done 4 years of active duty. Instead of graduating at 22, he will graduate roughly when he is 26. Of course, Grind will be turning 26 this year, so he has that to look forward to.

WM, are you currently 21 or 22?

Yes, and technically, Billy would have graduated last June had he not done 4 years of active duty. Instead of graduating at 22, he will graduate roughly when he is 26. Of course, Grind will be turning 26 this year, so he has that to look forward to.

WM, are you currently 21 or 22?
No, if I hadn't done my 4 years I wouldn't be going to college. Shit's expensive man. I wouldn't have gotten welding certs when I was enlisted, which means I wouldn't have the job I do currently (also a HAZMAT cert). Which means I wouldn't be able to afford the life that I live. Also the GI bill and VA disability.

No, if I hadn't done my 4 years I wouldn't be going to college. Shit's expensive man. I wouldn't have gotten welding certs when I was enlisted, which means I wouldn't have the job I do currently (also a HAZMAT cert). Which means I wouldn't be able to afford the life that I live. Also the GI bill and VA disability.
Where did you get your HAZMAT cert and did you get the 24 or 40 hour cert?

Where did you get your HAZMAT cert and did you get the 24 or 40 hour cert?
Lulz, this is a funny story. My HAZMAT cert is to transport ammo and explosives by rail car. I told my boss that when he interviewed me and said it didn't matter. As long as SOMEONE had any sort of HAZMAT training, he could continue operations.

I still laugh about it every day.

I guess I meant statistically speaking, Billy. Although, I'd say the fact that you chose not to hide out in the Army or Navy when you have what it takes to be a Marine indicates you wanted to challenge and better yourself in more ways than simply picking up the college benefits.

Lulz, this is a funny story. My HAZMAT cert is to transport ammo and explosives by rail car. I told my boss that when he interviewed me and said it didn't matter. As long as SOMEONE had any sort of HAZMAT training, he could continue operations.

I'm sure a guy in his position deferred to the maxim that a cert's a cert.

I guess I meant statistically speaking, Billy. Although, I'd say the fact that you chose not to hide out in the Army or Navy when you have what it takes to be a Marine indicates you wanted to challenge and better yourself in more ways than simply picking up the college benefits.
Or it indicates I like being miserable.

Or it indicates I like being miserable.

Perhaps, but since you were quick to live out your Latina fantasy by marrying one, I have my doubts.

And please, you I are too young and cool to buy into the Mott "marriage is misery" logic, so let's not go there. Besides, we don't live in Ohio.

:clink:

That depends. If the facility you're working at is a Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator (CESQG) of hazardous waste (less than 220 lb's accumulated per calander month) then he's correct. If more then 220 lb's is generated in a month then he's quite mistaken. You'd be required to have at least a 24 hour first responders hazwoper training with an annual 8 hour refresher course and an annual 8 hour RCRA hazardous waste training cert. If you're signing of on a hazardous waste manifest you're also required to have at least a 24 hour DOT/HMR training with biannual refresher courses. My guess is your facility is probably a CESQG.

Back