wholey shit, libertarians will be rejoicing

Rest assured that he is being investigated up the ass and the govt. is not going to just walk away and leave this guy alone.
I don't "rest assured" about anything in the government of this nation. They constantly do things that are contrary to common sense.

You are not getting profit (the definition of income by the SCOTUS) unless you are selling something. The guy was making it clear that he did not file at all because his earnings were not derived from profit they were earnings which has a different legal definition.

In this context you would not pay taxes at all, except on your land sale.

If you were actually making profit, you would figure profit after the cost before you would file the taxes. Deductions are made pre-filing and not in the filing.

Heh

That is pretty clever. Many on the left refuse to see working at a job and making money as what it is - selling your labour and profiting off of it, just like a business owner sells any other product and profits off of it.

It may mean a lot of people are going to stop filing!

Does he have taxes taken out of his wages, or does he take enough exemptions?

This is indeed a real page turner!
He has most certianly structured his dealings in a manner that most people can not. I am sure that this is not just some simple idea. There was a mention of the use of trusts. A trust is a distinct legal entity from both the trustee and the beneficiary.

Also, it seems his arguement hinged on the defintion of income as derived from profit, rather than all earnings being profit. He was trading time for dollars, and time has value.

He has most certianly structured his dealings in a manner that most people can not. I am sure that this is not just some simple idea. There was a mention of the use of trusts. A trust is a distinct legal entity from both the trustee and the beneficiary.

Also, it seems his arguement hinged on the defintion of income as derived from profit, rather than all earnings being profit. He was trading time for dollars, and time has value.

but could not all of us do that ?

Back