Why no hate for Chris Rock and his Black people vs N* stand up act

Everyone seems to give chris rock a pass.... even though that was racist and used the N* word... but it was hilariuos, am i a bad person cuz i laughed at it...

Well, if he berated and demoralized someone using that word, then perhaps you'd have a point. Even if Richards followed it up with a punchline it could have been funny. But that's not what happened. He used the word to insult a specific individual who paid to see him and to make himself feel and seem superior. And before you get all poor whitey on us I've seen plenty of comics make fun of all races and incorporate the n-word with good humor. That was not. He was just being a d!ck.

Hmm I was raised to believe that using the N word was a bad thing regardless. It can be a good thing depending on it's useage and who uses it ?

Hmm I was raised to believe that using the N word was a bad thing regardless. It can be a good thing depending on it's useage and who uses it ?

I also think its bad word to use and personally don't use it. But its not always as scathingly offensive as this. If I can recall correctly I think they used in South Park once and it was funny.

Actually Dave Chapelle's show has skits and quite honestly I'm in stitches. And yes.....even when white people use it.

Often the best jokes take on a portion of society that people want to avoid, or have to avoid. It is a release to hear it. Yes, sometimes shocking too.

The problem with Richards is he wasn't even attempting to tell a joke there, at least not until afterward with that weak, "See? That shocked you!" bit that died the ignoble death it deserved.

The problem with Richards is he wasn't even attempting to tell a joke there, at least not until afterward with that weak, "See? That shocked you!" bit that died the ignoble death it deserved.

Exactly. No humor. No joke. Just a racial epithet being spewed at a patron. Not funny.

But still no cheeks turning or forgiveness for a man who has apologized ?

Looks like a PR save to me. Besides, its not like i have a personal relationship with the guy. I can either buy his stuff or not - that's about as deep as it gets. I'm choosing not to.

Looks like a PR save to me. Besides, its not like i have a personal relationship with the guy. I can either buy his stuff or not - that's about as deep as it gets. I'm choosing not to.

I did not care much for the guy or the Seinfeld show he was on anyway. So I did not support him before this event.

I don't watch or care much for Chris rock either.
I expect I will watch both about the same amount as I always have ;)

I wouldn't have gone to see him at a comedy club before this. His character was only sometimes funny, mostly ridiculous...

Back