Why should Hollywood be exempt from child labor laws ?

uscitizen

Villified User
Hmm ?

Child stars seem to turn out pretty poorly.
Could the life of a child star and hollywood have anything to do with it ?

US, the only difference between them and 90% of the children out there is the fact that you can watch them all the time, know every move they make, and therefore they don't seem to fit into the innocent little picture you paint of the "normal teenager" anymore.

Do you honestly think teenagers, stars, or ANYONE has ever been innocent? For God's sake, Marylin Monroe was just as bad as Lindsay Lohan, she just wasn't watched as much, so she's a princess instead of a devil.

Hmm ?

Child stars seem to turn out pretty poorly.
Could the life of a child star and hollywood have anything to do with it ?

Just as many people who get into Hollywood later in life have drug and other problems. Maybe we should close down Hollywood for its own good?

All the fearmongerer's throughout history have constantly been talking about how the times they're in are ESPECIALLY bad, and how great the past was. The only real difference is that the past was a bit fuzzy, so people learned to gleam over the bad parts. On the contrary, by any definition modern times is the most noble, least war and poverty ridden, most plentiful, and generally has the greatest percentage of the population free. Just three hundred years ago there wasn't a single person on Earth who was free, but the theocrats look upon that as high time.

All the fearmongerer's throughout history have constantly been talking about how the times they're in are ESPECIALLY bad, and how great the past was. The only real difference is that the past was a bit fuzzy, so people learned to gleam over the bad parts. On the contrary, by any definition modern times is the most noble, least war and poverty ridden, most plentiful, and generally has the greatest percentage of the population free. Just three hundred years ago there wasn't a single person on Earth who was free, but the theocrats look upon that as high time.

Umm wrong thread WM or else you are drinking again ?

Maybe nosy little buggers should mind their own irrelevant business?

I notice a lot of people in the music business have drug and alcohol problems. Just thinking of what's best for them, I think we need to shut down the music industry as well.

I notice a lot of people in the music business have drug and alcohol problems. Just thinking of what's best for them, I think we need to shut down the music industry as well.

I notice a lot general Americans having drug and alcohol problems. I think we're on to something, Caw, you and I: shut down America, kill Americans. That way those selfish brats can't abuse their freedoms anymore. It's for the social good.

Do they use underage performers ? Yes I guess so in rare cases. Jackson turned out sooooo well.

Why are you guys afraid to tackle the child labor question ?
I guess I should broaden this topic of child labor to the entertainment industry.

Umm wrong thread WM or else you are drinking again ?

*Sigh*

Why, whenever one of you ignorant simpletons are too stupid to understand what I'm stating, do you say "Are you teh drfink again?" You fuckers sound like broken records. Get a new repetive phrase, for God's sake, it's getting old.

I notice a lot general Americans having drug and alcohol problems. I think we're on to something, Caw, you and I: shut down America, kill Americans. That way those selfish brats can't abuse their freedoms anymore. It's for the social good.

I kind of like being one of the elitist. It's fun telling people how they should live there lives.

I know a little bit about this.

There are, of course, child labor laws particularly for child actors. Also, the Unions have specific rules that must be followed (although I have seen them bent) for kid actors as far as how many hours they're allowed to consecutively be on set, etc.

You'd be surprised, though. Working with kids is hard because as actors they're often emotionally and intellectually inexperienced, but sometimes it's about the same as working with adults. Especially the "eccentric" ones.

The biggest thing to look out for legally is kids and their parents being ripped off by unscrupulous agencies with promises of big time success.

Back