APP - Why Ted Cruz is our best chance

I don't like Cruz at all and according to this article, many of his colleagues don't, either. Here are some excerpts.

Frank Bruni: Anyone but Ted Cruz. His policies aren’t the problem, it’s his awful personality.

You’re evaluating candidates for a job and you come across one who makes a big impression. He’s clearly brilliant — maybe smarter than any of the others. He’s a whirlwind of energy. And can he give a presentation. On any subject, he’s informed, inflamed, precise. But then you talk with people who’ve worked with him. They dislike him. No, they loathe him.

They tell you that he’s the antithesis of a team player. His thirst for the spotlight is unquenchable. His arrogance is unalloyed. He takes pride in being abrasive, as if a person’s tally of detractors measures his fearlessness, not his obnoxiousness. Do you hire him? No way. And that’s why voters should be wary — very wary — of Ted Cruz.

He’s surging. In a poll of Republicans in Iowa last week, he was in a statistical tie with Donald Trump for the lead. More and more GOP insiders talk about a battle between Mr. Cruz and Marco Rubio for the nomination, or among Messrs. Cruz, Rubio and Trump. In the voices of these insiders I hear horror, because Mr. Trump and Mr. Cruz are nasty pieces of work...

Anyone but Mr. Cruz: That’s the leitmotif of his life, stretching back to college at Princeton. His freshman roommate, Craig Mazin, told The Daily Beast: “I would rather have anybody else be the president of the United States. Anyone. I would rather pick somebody from the phone book.”

Political strategist Matthew Dowd, who worked for Mr. Bush, tweeted that “if truth serum was given to the staff of the 2000 Bush campaign,” an enormous percentage of them “would vote for Trump over Cruz.”

Another Bush 2000 alumnus said to me: “Why do people take such an instant dislike to Ted Cruz? It just saves time.”

His three signature moments in the Senate have been a florid smearing of Chuck Hagel with no achievable purpose other than attention for Ted Cruz, a flamboyant rebellion against Obamacare with no achievable purpose other than attention for Ted Cruz and a fiery protest of federal funding for Planned Parenthood with no achievable purpose other than attention for Ted Cruz.

Asked about Mr. Cruz at a fundraiser last spring, John Boehner raised a lone finger — the middle one.

(Continued)

http://www.post-gazette.com/opinion/2015/12/04/Frank-Bruni-Anyone-but-Ted-Cruz/stories/201512030027

I don't like Cruz at all and according to this article, many of his colleagues don't, either. Here are some excerpts.

Frank Bruni: Anyone but Ted Cruz. His policies aren’t the problem, it’s his awful personality.

You’re evaluating candidates for a job and you come across one who makes a big impression. He’s clearly brilliant — maybe smarter than any of the others. He’s a whirlwind of energy. And can he give a presentation. On any subject, he’s informed, inflamed, precise. But then you talk with people who’ve worked with him. They dislike him. No, they loathe him.

They tell you that he’s the antithesis of a team player. His thirst for the spotlight is unquenchable. His arrogance is unalloyed. He takes pride in being abrasive, as if a person’s tally of detractors measures his fearlessness, not his obnoxiousness. Do you hire him? No way. And that’s why voters should be wary — very wary — of Ted Cruz.

He’s surging. In a poll of Republicans in Iowa last week, he was in a statistical tie with Donald Trump for the lead. More and more GOP insiders talk about a battle between Mr. Cruz and Marco Rubio for the nomination, or among Messrs. Cruz, Rubio and Trump. In the voices of these insiders I hear horror, because Mr. Trump and Mr. Cruz are nasty pieces of work...

Anyone but Mr. Cruz: That’s the leitmotif of his life, stretching back to college at Princeton. His freshman roommate, Craig Mazin, told The Daily Beast: “I would rather have anybody else be the president of the United States. Anyone. I would rather pick somebody from the phone book.”

Political strategist Matthew Dowd, who worked for Mr. Bush, tweeted that “if truth serum was given to the staff of the 2000 Bush campaign,” an enormous percentage of them “would vote for Trump over Cruz.”

Another Bush 2000 alumnus said to me: “Why do people take such an instant dislike to Ted Cruz? It just saves time.”

His three signature moments in the Senate have been a florid smearing of Chuck Hagel with no achievable purpose other than attention for Ted Cruz, a flamboyant rebellion against Obamacare with no achievable purpose other than attention for Ted Cruz and a fiery protest of federal funding for Planned Parenthood with no achievable purpose other than attention for Ted Cruz.

Asked about Mr. Cruz at a fundraiser last spring, John Boehner raised a lone finger — the middle one.

(Continued)

http://www.post-gazette.com/opinion/2015/12/04/Frank-Bruni-Anyone-but-Ted-Cruz/stories/201512030027

Well, I guess if you don't like him, then I should change my mind

:eyeroll:

Back