Why The White Album Is The Beatles' Greatest

The White Album is racist.

Atonement

AC-DC-back-in-black-e1307672735475.jpg

:D

Well at that time who wanted to be compared to the Beatles? That was like career suicide.

Also I’d argue that you underestimated their influence. There was no heavy metal prior to the White Album. Helter Skelter became a starting point for a whole new genre. From one song. Oh I’m sure it was developing in the club scene but Helter Skelter was the first commercially viable Heavy Metal hard charging power chord head banging rock. So that’s pretty influential where one song spun off an entire new genre that’s still around.

Now The Beatles were not exactly a prog rock band but they were hugely influential in prog rock. Like taking ful use of a studio, using multiple overdubs, songs that aren’t love songs, using different and unusual instruments, using classical influences, multiple interconnected songs. Most of the top Prog bands, Genesis, King Crimson, Yes, Rush, Queen all openly admit the Beatles influence.

Let’s just say the White Album opened up a whole new world of Rock that lead to whole new genres.
Drugs. The Beatles started out as most did...playing bad versions of Blues songs. Their early stuff was unspectacular, but 'cutting edge' for the time. Then they found drugs. That's when their music became intricate, but they already had an army of adoring fans. More due to their 'mop tops', I would argue.

But their sound changed for the better, and many bands hopped on the bandwagon. Hell...there are Bee Gees songs that are hard to discern from some Beatles' songs. The Stones released '20,000 Light Years From Home, which was pretty Beatlesesque.

True to any generation, once the Beatles hit on something, many followed. But acid was the catalyst. There were two camps....the Keyseyites (Merry Pranksters), and the Learyites. The former hopped on a bus and traveled cross country...often blasting Beatles music. Of course, the house band was the Dead.

The Learyites meditated and listened to the Beatles. Two totally different camps, that really changed the way we thought about many things...music being big one.

But..credit where it's due. Keysey had the Pranksters, and the Beatles later came up with The Magical Mystery tour. The Who had Magic Bus. Everyone hopped on the bandwagon.

Apart from the fact that they are in totally different keys, Blackbird being in G and Alice's Restaurant in C.

Only if you use a capo to play Alice's Restaurant.

I've seen Arlo Guthrie play it and he doesn't, so as usual, you're full of shit.

Exact same three opening chords, same position on the neck.

There is no way that the Beatles stole anything from Arlo Guthrie. After all...you can get anything you want at Alice’s Restaurant!

Artists "borrow" stuff from other artists all the time.

George Harrison got sued for it over the melody to My Sweet Lord which was determined to have been plagiarized from The Chiffons' 1960's hit He's So Fine.

Artists "borrow" stuff from other artists all the time.

George Harrison got sued for it over the melody to My Sweet Lord which was determined to have been plagiarized from The Chiffons' 1960's hit He's So Fine.

You're an idiot!!

Blackbird

G Am A/B G

Alice's Restaurant

C A7 D7 G7 C

You're an idiot!!

Blackbird

G Am A/B G

Alice's Restaurant

C A7 D7 G7 C

:rofl2:

You're the idiot and you obviously don't play the guitar.

Anyone can look up the chords on an online site that copies them out of songbooks, but those chords are often not representative of what is actually played.

I've got two YouTube tutorial videos, one for each song.

Because this dumbshit forum won't let me post two videos in the same post, I'll post one in this post and the other in the next.

Here is the tutorial for Blackbird. The first three chords are played at :30 seconds.

Pay attention to ONLY the first three chords or "notes" if you'd rather.

Play it over and over until you recognize them...

OK, got it?....

Good. Now, do the same with the next video for Alice's Restaurant....

:rofl2:

You're the idiot and you obviously don't play the guitar.

Anyone can look up the chords on an online site that copies them out of songbooks, but those chords are often not representative of what is actually played.

I've got two YouTube tutorial videos, one for each song.

Because this dumbshit forum won't let me post two videos in the same post, I'll post one in this post and the other in the next.

Here is the tutorial for Blackbird. The first three chords are played at :30 seconds.

Pay attention to ONLY the first three chords or "notes" if you'd rather.

Play it over and over until you recognize them...

OK, got it?....

Good. Now, do the same with the next video for Alice's Restaurant....

:smh:

So rather than admit that I'm right and you're full of shit, you post some lame ass gif.

Got it.

Hey, that's a step up for him, usually he books with the personal insults and vow to ban you in the future

Said it before, "fogcatcher" is a trip, predictable

Back