Why Your Turkey May Be the Most Unnatural Thing on Your Thanksgiving Table?!!

Yes, I definitely remember him talking about preparing (don't y'all like how I used that high-falootin' phrase instead of saying "fixing" :)) one a few years back but I can't remember if it was for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Hey I remember my southern phrases from when I lived in Arkansas...fixinta...gazinta...witchadidja.

Hey I remember my southern phrases from when I lived in Arkansas...fixinta...gazinta...witchadidja.
For the uninitiated these terms are used as follows.

#1. Fixinta. Adverb. (English translation "Fixing too"). Example, "Hey ya'll I'm fixinta go to work."

#2. Gazinta. Defintion #1. Adverb. (English translation "Goe(s) into"). Example #1. "You stay here while I gazinta the Piggly Wiggly for some pork rinds.".
Definition #2. Mathematic divisive rule, i.e. division. 2 gazinta 4, 2 times. 2 gazinta 6, 3 times.

#3. Witchadidja. question (English translation "With you did you"). Example "Ya'll didn't bring that stump splitter witchadidja?"

Nobody outside Louisiana

Bull. I cook it twice a year at least, I serve it at Thanksgiving and Christmas (as well as any other time I can make an excuse to serve it up). Along with Crawfish and Shrimp Etouffes, some Gumbo, cornbread (and often jalepeno cornbread)...

Now, I'm not Cajun, I'm Coloradoan... I also serve Green Chili with my turducken.

Back