Wife diagnosed with breast cancer today

So sorry to hear it

Tell her good thoughts from me will follow her in her journey

They are VERY good at cancer care today

She has much better chances of a great outcome these days

That's all.

Sorry to hear about the diagnose. The good news is that I personally know and have also read about major successes with cancer treatments in the past 10 years.

Your wife’s oncologist should have access to the latest treatments.

That's all.

My ex-wife is having Breast Surgery today. She had to have a cancerous cyst removed surgically and receive radium treatments to follow up!

She's already back home, and will be staying with my daughter for a couple of weeks, and all is OK so far!

My younger sister died of Breast Cancer 5 years ago, that was not caught in time!

You and your wife's entire family and friends have my sympathy!

Last edited:
That's all.

I am so sorry. I lost a good friend to breast cancer. My advice is cut 'em off and don't do chemo/radiation.

Maybe that new immunotherapy, but I can't vouch for that.

They can cut them off and she can get new ones. I know it will never be the same, but she'll still be there.

My friend is no longer here. I used to could ask her about girly questions. She was so sweet.

I hope they found it early. My Oncologist was Dr. Max Rabinowitz if you are staying in AK for treatment, he is excellent. If she needs a surgeon Dr. Marilyn Sanford. I am a 17 year survivor this year and I owe my life to these people. Best of luck to the both of you.

That's all.

So sorry to hear that.
My mother got breast cancer back in the early 90's. She had her breast removed and the chemo treatments and they said they got it all.
6 years ago it returned and quickly turned into stage 4. It is also in her bone (hip/leg), small spots in her liver and lungs (she never smoked).
Being too old for traditional chemo, they put her on Ibrance (chemo pill) and injections every 3 months. Just 2 months ago, they took her off
the Ibrance and started a new injection regiment of 2 shots every 2 weeks for 3 sessions, and now every 3 months.
Despite the stage 4 cancer, she has no pain and can get around without trouble. She lives alone and can still take care of herself and her finances.
She will be 96 in 2 weeks.
Wishing your wife all the best, and make sure you discuss all your treatment options that have become available with your Dr.

So sorry to hear that.
My mother got breast cancer back in the early 90's. She had her breast removed and the chemo treatments and they said they got it all.
6 years ago it returned and quickly turned into stage 4. It is also in her bone (hip/leg), small spots in her liver and lungs (she never smoked).
Being too old for traditional chemo, they put her on Ibrance (chemo pill) and injections every 3 months. Just 2 months ago, they took her off
the Ibrance and started a new injection regiment of 2 shots every 2 weeks for 3 sessions, and now every 3 months.
Despite the stage 4 cancer, she has no pain and can get around without trouble. She lives alone and can still take care of herself and her finances.
She will be 96 in 2 weeks.
Wishing your wife all the best, and make sure you discuss all your treatment options that have become available with your Dr.
Wow:whoa:

Known and known of several women that had this. All cured. Still scary.
I had a stroke 19 years ago, knocked me on my ass. You’d never know it seeing me now.
Told the Mrs. this is her big thing now.

Don’t know yet. In lymph nodes though.
The 5-year survival rate for breast cancer that hasn’t reached nearby lymph nodes is 99 percent versus 86 percent when it has. But as a dentist with medical training I'm sure you know all that already.

Last edited:
Known and known of several women that had this. All cured. Still scary.
I had a stroke 19 years ago, knocked me on my ass. You’d never know it seeing me now.
Told the Mrs. this is her big thing now.

I lost my Mom Dad and Uncle (and I only had 1) to cancer.

My wife lost her Dad to cancer.

Back