will holyrollers embrase Guliani?

I've thought about this, too - not to mention his marital issues and all that. Socially, the guy is a San Francisco liberal (to coin a phrase).

What are the GOP primaries like? If the South plays much of a role, he's doomed....

I've thought about this, too - not to mention his marital issues and all that. Socially, the guy is a San Francisco liberal (to coin a phrase).

What are the GOP primaries like? If the South plays much of a role, he's doomed....
Don't be fooled: Giuliani is no liberal. This is one rat bastard no liberal wants in office.

Fortunately, he's doomed.

but the thing is he deserves it... no one else has his qualifications and experience....

I have often heard that Rudy is pro-abortion and pro-gay rights, but I have never heard him advocate for either of these positions. I do recall him answering a question about the abortion issue once, and he seemed to take the stance I personally have on abortion, that it should be left up to the courts or the states, not legislated by the federal government.

I don't think most conservatives are as prudish as people want to portray them. Of course, there are social conservatives who adamantly oppose abortion and gay rights, but the majority of conservatives are fiscal conservatives, who have a more 'libertarian' view on social issues. I think it's possible for Rudy to run a successful campaign on conservative issues, and the only way Dems could force these hot-button issues to the front, would be to take an anti-abortion anti-gay position, and force him to campaign on this, and that ain't going to happen.

That said, I don't think Rudy has the support in the South to win as president, he is much more suitable as a VP candidate, but if the choice is between Rudy and Hillary, who do you think is going to win in the South?

i could consider voting for him soley on his telling the saudi arabian prince to take his $10M 9/11 bribe and shove up his oily...... that shows me he probably has more integrity that all the other POTUS wannabes combined.

I have often heard that Rudy is pro-abortion and pro-gay rights.....
That said, I don't think Rudy has the support in the South to win as president, he is much more suitable as a VP candidate, but if the choice is between Rudy and Hillary, who do you think is going to win in the South?
If Rudy is pro-NRA, he wins the South over Hilldebeast (BIG).

"I can't stand the thought of my party having as its three front-runners three open adulterers, Newt Gingrich, Giuliani, and McCain."

---Former GOP congressman Bob "B-1" Dornan (R-CA) is upset that his party has lost its family values. Duh.

Originally Posted by Troglodyte27

Yahoo News

AP: "The former mayor is a moderate who supports gun control, same-sex civil unions, embryonic stem-cell research and abortion rights — stands that would put him at odds with the majority of the GOP conservative base."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061113/...r/giuliani2008

Let me rephrase.... If Rudy is anyone other than the Hilldebeast, he wins the South over Hilldebeast (BIG).:D

"I can't stand the thought of my party having as its three front-runners three open adulterers, Newt Gingrich, Giuliani, and McCain."

--Former GOP congressman Bob "B-1" Dornan (R-CA) is upset that his party has lost its family values.

-DIXIE: "I love Bush's jokes, I love to just listen to him talk about his ideas. I love his wife, I love his accent, I love her accent... I love the way they look at each other like two people genuinely in love! I love the comfort of knowing Dubya ain't cheating on her and getting blowjobs on the side, and I love the lack of rumors that she is a lesbian."

We shall see if Dixie's standard for morality for presidents is based on true principle, or if he only applied those standards to Democrats.

Originally Posted by Troglodyte27

Yahoo News

AP: "The former mayor is a moderate who supports gun control, same-sex civil unions, embryonic stem-cell research and abortion rights — stands that would put him at odds with the majority of the GOP conservative base."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061113/...r/giuliani2008

Let me rephrase.... If Rudy is anyone other than the Hilldebeast, he wins the South over Hilldebeast (BIG).:D

lol

Yeah, but how does guillian even get to that point? How does he even get past the GOP Iowa caucuses and the South Carolina GOP primary, which are dominated by social conservatives?

As a semi-southern holyroller, I won't be voting for Giuliani, would have a hard time voting for McCain, and certainly won't be voting for Hillary. As I have said before, I may have voted in my last presidential election when I voted in 2004.

why you say that?? are you his ex wife?

Because he is a facist.

And a terrible racist. I despise him. Under his adminstration, black males could be shot with impunity in NYC. In New York City. The greatest city in this country.

He has absolutely no respect for civil rights for anybody.

i could consider voting for him soley on his telling the saudi arabian prince to take his $10M 9/11 bribe and shove up his oily...... that shows me he probably has more integrity that all the other POTUS wannabes combined.

That's the only thing the bastard ever did that I supported.

Back