Will legion address this?

Well the protection the Jews have is on a whole other level. Now what's that old saying about knowing who rules over you?

But when it comes to other religions, it's pretty much the same across the board. You can get away with roasting any religion, but there will be some snowflakes who get offended because you insulted the man in the sky.

With Islam, that doesn't seem to be the case, particularly in Europe.

With Islam, that doesn't seem to be the case, particularly in Europe.

Europeans can roast Islam, they just can't roast Muslims or any other group of people defined by religion, gender, race, ethnicity, nationality, or sexuality.
Now I don't agree with these laws, but I understand the logic here. It's ok to criticize and make fun of ideas, but if you do that to the people who believe in those ideas, it can be considered hate speech.

The laws also aren't usually enforced, depending on the context.

This is Alligatoah, a German rapper. I don't know if you understand German, but in this video, he makes fun of Muslims for being terrorists, which you can kind of tell even without the lyrics.

Europeans can roast Islam, they just can't roast Muslims or any other group of people defined by religion, gender, race, ethnicity, nationality, or sexuality.
Now I don't agree with these laws, but I understand the logic here. It's ok to criticize and make fun of ideas, but if you do that to the people who believe in those ideas, it can be considered hate speech.

The laws also aren't usually enforced, depending on the context.

This is Alligatoah, a German rapper. I don't know if you understand German, but in this video, he makes fun of Muslims for being terrorists, which you can kind of tell even without the lyrics.

As you said, the law is selectively enforced. That leads to corruption.

Granted, that's the problem with hate speech laws here as well. Hate speech laws really shouldn't exist in any form. Hate crime laws shouldn't either.

We already have laws against murder, threats, and assault, so adding additional charges for political purposes just leads to corruption.

Granted, most of the West has gone down this rabbit hole and devolved as a result. It's what progressivism ultimately does to a culture.

As you said, the law is selectively enforced. That leads to corruption.

Granted, that's the problem with hate speech laws here as well. Hate speech laws really shouldn't exist in any form. Hate crime laws shouldn't either.

We already have laws against murder, threats, and assault, so adding additional charges for political purposes just leads to corruption.

Granted, most of the West has gone down this rabbit hole and devolved as a result. It's what progressivism ultimately does to a culture.

Hate speech laws shouldn't be a thing, I totally agree.

But the way the laws are enforced in Europe isn't that bad. Basically, if you're roasting a group of people, you'll probably get away with it as long as there are no threats or calls for violence involved. Alligatoah makes fun of Muslims and Christians in that song, but he doesn't say we should kill them or anything like that.
It's like that with a lot of laws in Europe. Pot is illegal in the Netherlands, but the law isn't enforced if it's being sold and smoked in a coffee shop.

Hate speech laws shouldn't be a thing, I totally agree.

But the way the laws are enforced in Europe isn't that bad. Basically, if you're roasting a group of people, you'll probably get away with it as long as there are no threats or calls for violence involved. Alligatoah makes fun of Muslims and Christians in that song, but he doesn't say we should kill them or anything like that.
It's like that with a lot of laws in Europe. Pot is illegal in the Netherlands, but the law isn't enforced if it's being sold and smoked in a coffee shop.

The way Count Dankula was treated over a youtube video was pretty bad. Admittedly, a lot of the worst examples of these laws being enforced is typically in the UK. They've really gone in the thought crime direction lately.

The way Count Dankula was treated over a youtube video was pretty bad. Admittedly, a lot of the worst examples of these laws being enforced is typically in the UK. They've really gone in the thought crime direction lately.

Yeah, that was so fucking stupid. It seems like it is just the UK that's gone crazy overboard, but this is why there shouldn't be hate speech laws at all. If the people in charge are batshit enough, they could enforce the laws over every little thing.

Back