Will Long Hair/Afro's Return?

cawacko

Now that barber shops are shut down across the country thanks to the Boomer Removal virus all you old ex-dirty hippies get to relieve your youth and let your hair grow out.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

When did long hair ever leave?

Come on now Millennial. Do they not teach hair history in your school? Yes, long hair has existed as long as man has. But long hair was a staple of the hippie generation (and moving into the '70's).

Now that barber shops are shut down across the country thanks to the Boomer Removal virus all you old ex-dirty hippies get to relieve your youth and let your hair grow out.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I see a lot of young black people with fros these days. Long hair won't be returning for me, I have been cutting my own hair for years.

Come on now Millennial. Do they not teach hair history in your school? Yes, long hair has existed as long as man has. But long hair was a staple of the hippie generation (and moving into the '70's).

Guessing you aren't a metalhead or from the north.

Guessing you aren't a metalhead or from the north.

When I was in high school the high top fade was in (think Kid from Kid N' Play) and the '80's metal hair bands were all over MTV. But this board is dominated by Boomers and that's who I was addressing.

so you've never heard of the hair band/hair metal of the 80s? the grunge rock of the 90s?

You getting nervous they are going to invade your City again?

If you visit SF's local history museum a large part of their collection centers on that time period, so it seems many in the City look back upon differently than you. Hey, you can also view pictures of Pelosi descending the stairs in her first Inauguration party

It is a lousy museum by the way, even the top floors of the central library has more to offer, if walking thru the tenderloin doesn't bother you

You getting nervous they are going to invade your City again?

If you visit SF's local history museum a large part of their collection centers on that time period, so it seems many in the City look back upon differently than you. Hey, you can also view pictures of Pelosi descending the stairs in her first Inauguration party

It is a lousy museum by the way, even the top floors of the central library has more to offer, if walking thru the tenderloin doesn't bother you

Nah, hippies can’t afford SF. Plus all you ex-hippies who were going to change the world only care about your 401K’s and home values now. :)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Like we use to say in the days of the hippies; that's far out.

When I was in high school the high top fade was in (think Kid from Kid N' Play) and the '80's metal hair bands were all over MTV. But this board is dominated by Boomers and that's who I was addressing.

I use to buzz my hair down to nothing in the summertime. Then I got lazy with it and realized how much I adore long hair. Another interesting tidbit is somehow the balding gene missed me out of the 5 brothers. The reactions I got the first time they saw me after it grew out were amusing.

Nah, hippies can’t afford SF. Plus all you ex-hippies who were going to change the world only care about your 401K’s and home values now. :)

If I am not mistaken, they couldn't afford it then, and if that generation didn't have an effect we'd all be stuck in the world of Ozzie and Harriet

If I am not mistaken, they couldn't afford it then, and if that generation didn't have an effect we'd all be stuck in the world of Ozzie and Harriet

""There was once a time when the old Victorian homes of Haight-Ashbury were some of the cheapest in the city. Hard to believe, but true. The low prices drew thousands of youth to the area in the mid ’60s, and it quickly became the heart of the burgeoning hippie culture. Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin, and the Grateful Dead all moved in during this time, and made this neighbourhood the epicentre of LSD-fuelled artistic expression and free love. The neighbourhood was so well known as the heart of hippie (and drug) culture that a New York Times reporter referred to the Haight-Ashbury neighbourhood as “Hashbury” during this time.""

https://www.urbanadventures.com/blog/hippies-guide-san-francisco/

Back