Will Long Hair/Afro's Return?

Now that barber shops are shut down across the country thanks to the Boomer Removal virus all you old ex-dirty hippies get to relieve your youth and let your hair grow out.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Hell yea. I currently wear my hair short but when I retire I plan on growing it long again and enjoy being a hippy again.

Come on now Millennial. Do they not teach hair history in your school? Yes, long hair has existed as long as man has. But long hair was a staple of the hippie generation (and moving into the '70's).

You know what was funny? I was a long haired hippy back when I was a young Republican in college. Back then being conservative wasn’t a litmus test for being a Republican. There was even a substantial liberal wing of the party. I ended up in a leadership role because I was pretty good at political strategy.

You know what was funny? I was a long haired hippy back when I was a young Republican in college. Back then being conservative wasn’t a litmus test for being a Republican. There was even a substantial liberal wing of the party. I ended up in a leadership role because I was pretty good at political strategy.

You would know better than I having lived through it but I thought it was more a overall cultural thing of the time (although I could obviously be wrong about that). I was just making fun of the hippies because that what’s Cartman would do.

(I look at my father’s pictures from the ‘70’s when he was a semi-hippie/professor and he definitely had the long hair as did many of his friends/colleagues)

Come on now Millennial. Do they not teach hair history in your school? Yes, long hair has existed as long as man has. But long hair was a staple of the hippie generation (and moving into the '70's).

according to racist white men......another stereotype they they made up.

When I was in high school the high top fade was in (think Kid from Kid N' Play) and the '80's metal hair bands were all over MTV. But this board is dominated by Boomers and that's who I was addressing.

So you came of age in the self absorbed yuppie douchebag "Asshole 80's", eh?

Explains a lot.

How are you going to let your hair grow in the absence of barber shops?...

tenor.gif
giphy.gif

You would know better than I having lived through it but I thought it was more a overall cultural thing of the time (although I could obviously be wrong about that). I was just making fun of the hippies because that what’s Cartman would do.

(I look at my father’s pictures from the ‘70’s when he was a semi-hippie/professor and he definitely had the long hair as did many of his friends/colleagues)

I don’t know about cultural so much as a generational change. Long hair was a thumb on the nose towards the establishment which was a shock to the previous generation which had a far higher and simpler respect for authority.

This was generational sea change that began in WW1, continued through the Second World War and Korea and culminated in unpopular Vietnam war. For three generations the young men of Western Society had been gathered up, marched into machine gun and artillery fire with profligate inhumanity by the older generations who sat safely behind them, called them cowards if they didn’t adhere to their anachronistic view of honor and duty and denied them political rights to have a say in how those wars and sacrificing their lives, should be prosecuted.

The long hair of the young men of the sixties and seventies became a visible symbol that told the older generation that we live in a Republic and we have rights and you can’t sacrifice our lives without giving us a say. That resulted in the political movement that changed the legal adult age from 21 to the legal age to be drafted of 18.

So long hair was a symbol of youth movement that ended the draft and of nation States decimating their population of young men and securing greater rights for women and minorities.

One can tell who the least valued members of a society are by how the are treated and prior to the 60’s it was pretty damned obvious that young men, old women and blacks were the least valued members of society. The youth generation of the 60’s and 70’s, in other words the Boomer generation changed all of that and long hair to our generation is a strong symbol of that huge sea change that happened.

So it really burns my ass to watch millennials, who are unquestionably the weakest pussies of any American generation ever produced, who stand by and let those rights of young adults get whittled away cause they can’t be bothered to stop playing video games or having their little feelings hurt, than to take the time to fight for their rights.

That’s why millennials are the best qualified generation of Americans to handle our current crisis. Who else is better prepared to stay at home and do nothing than millennials?

You can come back looking like my man Oscar Gamble!

68b84191c2225bfa0378d78dc812a706.jpg

LOL No. I’m thinking more like an 18th century style queue.

By the way...what is it with millennials and their man buns? Is that their way of letting people know the like getting their hair pulled when they’re buggered?

Never was a fan of Family Ties.

But if we're talking 80's TV shows with mullets....

CheersWoody.jpg

...I was more of a Cheers fan.

I posted that more as a response to your doubebag Yuppie comment. (Not that I consider Keaton one but he epitomizes the era pretty well). I technically graduated high school in the early '90's but yeah, my elementary, middle and half of high school years were during the '80's (the greatest decade ever).

I posted that more as a response to your doubebag Yuppie comment. (Not that I consider Keaton one but he epitomizes the era pretty well). I technically graduated high school in the early '90's but yeah, my elementary, middle and half of high school years were during the '80's (the greatest decade ever).

The 70's beat the 80's hands down walking backwards,

Especially the early - mid 70's.

Those who weren't there, wouldn't understand.

Better music, better atmosphere, vibes.

I don’t know about cultural so much as a generational change. Long hair was a thumb on the nose towards the establishment which was a shock to the previous generation which had a far higher and simpler respect for authority.

This was generational sea change that began in WW1, continued through the Second World War and Korea and culminated in unpopular Vietnam war. For three generations the young men of Western Society had been gathered up, marched into machine gun and artillery fire with profligate inhumanity by the older generations who sat safely behind them, called them cowards if they didn’t adhere to their anachronistic view of honor and duty and denied them political rights to have a say in how those wars and sacrificing their lives, should be prosecuted.

The long hair of the young men of the sixties and seventies became a visible symbol that told the older generation that we live in a Republic and we have rights and you can’t sacrifice our lives without giving us a say. That resulted in the political movement that changed the legal adult age from 21 to the legal age to be drafted of 18.

So long hair was a symbol of youth movement that ended the draft and of nation States decimating their population of young men and securing greater rights for women and minorities.

One can tell who the least valued members of a society are by how the are treated and prior to the 60’s it was pretty damned obvious that young men, old women and blacks were the least valued members of society. The youth generation of the 60’s and 70’s, in other words the Boomer generation changed all of that and long hair to our generation is a strong symbol of that huge sea change that happened.

So it really burns my ass to watch millennials, who are unquestionably the weakest pussies of any American generation ever produced, who stand by and let those rights of young adults get whittled away cause they can’t be bothered to stop playing video games or having their little feelings hurt, than to take the time to fight for their rights.

That’s why millennials are the best qualified generation of Americans to handle our current crisis. Who else is better prepared to stay at home and do nothing than millennials?

That's not so much Millenials but rather society as a whole. It's all the way things are designed anymore. You have all the gadgets and all the things that take effort keep disappearing with products making them effortless. The youth have been exposed to this stuff since they could comprehend it. They don't know any other way but the lazy modern ways.

Now that barber shops are shut down across the country thanks to the Boomer Removal virus all you old ex-dirty hippies get to relieve your youth and let your hair grow out.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Afro's been back a few years now.wtf wacko.....

When I was in high school the high top fade was in (think Kid from Kid N' Play) and the '80's metal hair bands were all over MTV. But this board is dominated by Boomers and that's who I was addressing.

Pls wackO, we all seen that HS pict of your Mullet, post it & relive it down again....:laugh:
beauty-blogs-girls-in-the-beauty-department-0707-mullet-illegal-zoo-discount_bd.jpg

Not happy that you sold me out Bill but yeah, I kept it real back in the day!

:laugh:

My bad bro......:(

My youngest daughter lives in the Haight now.. TO them this is all ancient history...

What I hate about it, is the media play that everyone was like that back then & it was simply not true.. That was one city, & then only one neighborhood in one city.. Extremely unique & other than a few isolated spots around the country, east village etc it really existed nowhere else outside their imaginations..

The summer of love was back in 1967 & was really a small pocket & by 68 shit was already hitting the fan & naked reality setting in..

By the early 70's most of those illusion had long ago faded, from within & from w/out...

IMHO!!!!

Back