• Windows 7

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Windows 8

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I've converted to Apple

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if you were ignoring me you wouldn't keep quoting and responding to me, and you wouldn't address things I have never said. I say something about the start menu and you start talking about the operating system as a whole.

Yes, I ignored what you said about the start menu. Holy shit, I know all about the fucking start menu, or lack thereof, I even recommended using Start8 to someone on here today. Windows 8 is a decent enough operating system, it is the GUI that lets it down.

As for me being a Mongoloid, oh sorry Down's Syndrome we must be PC these days when insulting people, I suspect that you have advanced Tourettes with a side order of idiot savant.

Last edited:
IM NOT COMMENTING ON THE STATE OF THE OS AS A WHOLE YOU FUCKING IDIOT I WAS TALKING SPECIFICALLY ABOUT THE START MENU. SO WHEN YOU SAY SOMETHING LIKE:

YOU ARE IMPLYING I AM COMMENTING ABOUT SOMETHING I AM NOT. DO YOU SEE ME USING WINDOWS YOU TARD? NO. I'M NOT. I HAVEN'T USED WINDOWS SINCE XP. DO YOU SEE ME COMMENTING ON THE STATE OF THE OS AS A WHOLE? NO, I AM NOT. SO WHY DO YOU KEEP INSISTING ON DISCUSSING SOMETHING THAT I NEVER REFERRED TO IN THIS THREAD? DO YOU HAVE DOWNS? ARE YOUR DOWN SYNDROME SQUINTY EYES PREVENTING YOU FROM READING WHAT I AM ACTUALLY SAYING? CAN YOU GET YOUR FUCKING OLD MAN ASPERGERS TO SETTLE DOWN FOR A MOMENT AND JUST ADDRESS WHAT IS ACTUALLY BE TALKED ABOUT RATHER THAN GOING OFF ON TANGENTS? CAN YOU? CAUSE THAT WOULD BE FUCKING LOVELY!

I AM GRIND! HEAR ME ROAR!...

I picked up a new laptop the other day, and got my first introduction to Windows 8. After pulling my hair out looking for that precious start tab, I came to realize that it isn't there. I decided to read some reviews, and learned that most others don't like it either. Windows 8 kind of reminds me of Windows Vista (which was also a piece of shit).

So my question to you is, which do you prefer?

You're a dumbass.

what are you guys talking about there being no start menu? just get out of metro (or w/e the fuck it's called now)

I honestly have difficulty remembering the last time in Windows 7 I specifically dug through the start menu tree rather than just clicking on a shortcut or searching for what I want. The fact that Granule is still relying on methods and thinks they're "precious" just points to how much of a technical illiterate he is. Newsflash - you don't usually do that in Linux or Mac OS X either, nobody complains about it there, it's a shitty way of interacting with your computer.

Jeez, I can see now why you are such a danger on the roads, you really need to go to some anger management classes. I told you last year that Windows 8 was a dog and you defended it, it is not my fault that I was proved right and you ended up looking like a prick.

My youngest son, who is a second year computer science undergrad, got a new laptop recently and tolerated Win 8 for a month before doing a dual boot with Zorin OS 6. He has absolutely no reason to use Windows any more since Steam was released for Ubuntu.

When I am dictator of the New Roman Alliance, I am going to ban Linux just to enjoy watching you cry.

i still haven't upgraded to lion. I like expose too much. :/

I don't know how I feel about mission control. some hate on it others kinda like it.

Didn't ask. I went cold once he told me that I wouldn't be able to fire up my pc games.

That's changing now that Valve, which is a huge game developer and runs the biggest games distribution platform, is heavily promoting the platform and releasing a Linux based Steam console. They've already ported all of their games to Linux, and they're putting pressure on developers to port so that good PC titles will be available on the Steam box.

can I ask.. why is valve doing this?

What is their motivation? Given that linux distros make up such a tiny percent of the market

the vast majority of PC gamers are already running windows

So yeah.. seems weird to me.

can I ask.. why is valve doing this?

What is their motivation? Given that linux distros make up such a tiny percent of the market

the vast majority of PC gamers are already running windows

So yeah.. seems weird to me.

Probably to keep people from asking about Half Life 3 for another year or so.

Back