WTF? NCAA Tourney screwed us!

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
W

WinterBorn

Georgia got into the tournament and Bama didn't??

The two teams have identical records of 21-11, and Bama beat GA twice in one week (Mar 5th & Mar 11th), but the Dawgs get the invite and Bama doesn't??

WTF? Hell, we even beat the SEC Champs Kentucky in January.

Total bullshit.

I know, I was shocked, there were a few genuine surprises! Sorry big guy, now who are you thinking is going to be the final four?

I know, I was shocked, there were a few genuine surprises! Sorry big guy, now who are you thinking is going to be the final four?

I'm thinking Ohio State and Kansas, but basketball is not my sport.

I think Bama got hosed too but your non-conference record killed you. You didn't win a single game against a Big 6 opponent outside the SEC. I'm never really overly sympathetic to the at large whiners who don't get selected. You want to go to the big dance then you need to either win your conference or win your conference tournament.

A few years back I watched my alma mater win 24 games, have the best overall record and the best record in the conference but lost in the conference championship game and did not get an at large bid even with the best record in the conference and 20+ wins but that's life when you're a mid major program.

So you want to go to the big dance? Win your conference.

I think Bama got hosed too but your non-conference record killed you. You didn't win a single game against a Big 6 opponent outside the SEC. I'm never really overly sympathetic to the at large whiners who don't get selected. You want to go to the big dance then you need to either win your conference or win your conference tournament.

A few years back I watched my alma mater win 24 games, have the best overall record and the best record in the conference but lost in the conference championship game and did not get an at large bid even with the best record in the conference and 20+ wins but that's life when you're a mid major program.

So you want to go to the big dance? Win your conference.

Oh I didn't expect us to go to the big dance. We did better than I expected. We played the conf champs twice and were 1-1. My only gripe is that GA go in and we didn't. Seemed sort shitty to me. But I am kinda partial.

Oh I didn't expect us to go to the big dance. We did better than I expected. We played the conf champs twice and were 1-1. My only gripe is that GA go in and we didn't. Seemed sort shitty to me. But I am kinda partial.

Oh they do asinine shit every year to fill out the field. I can't believe that 5 Big 10 teams were selected. I only think 3 deserved to go but only 1 earned it. What it boils down to is half the field earned their slot and the other half was picked and there for are fortunate to be there.

Bama has a basketball team

Apparently more of one than LSU. Bama beat LSU both times they played, including a 70-46 ass whipping that send this striped cats back to the bayou crying in shame.

I'm thinking Ohio State and Kansas, but basketball is not my sport.

Well I pretty much completed my brackets and that's who I have in the finals but I haven't picked the winner yet. Kansas look better on paper, Then the Buckeyes. The Buckeyes appear to play better defense but Kansas appears to be better on offense. It's pretty even on paper but in the tournie the edge usually goes to defense. Both teams can go 8 deep in their line up. The numbers give a slight edge to Kansas but my heart say go with the Buckeyes.

Siggghhh...I have to turn my bracket in tomorrow in the AM so I'll think on it some more but I'll probably go with my Buckeyes.

Well I pretty much completed my brackets and that's who I have in the finals but I haven't picked the winner yet. Kansas look better on paper, Then the Buckeyes. The Buckeyes appear to play better defense but Kansas appears to be better on offense. It's pretty even on paper but in the tournie the edge usually goes to defense. Both teams can go 8 deep in their line up. The numbers give a slight edge to Kansas but my heart say go with the Buckeyes.

Siggghhh...I have to turn my bracket in tomorrow in the AM so I'll think on it some more but I'll probably go with my Buckeyes.

I am struggling with mine!

WooHooo...I'm kicking ass on my brackets on day 1. I went 13-3 on my picks. The only ones I lost on were Moorehead State, Gonzaga and Cincinnati.

I equaled my mark from Thursday and went 13-3 on Friday for a grand total of 26-6 in the first round. I'm playing in a progressive pool where you get 1 pt for each correct pick in the first round, 2 pts for each second rd pick, 4 pts for each 3rd rd pick, 6 pts for each 4th rd pick, 8 pts for each final 4 pick and 10 pts for picking the winner. So I'm off to a good start. In general if can make 75% or better on your picks you stand a good chance of winning a company pool.

Back