WTF? NCAA Tourney screwed us!

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
I'm uninterested since they gypped CU out of the tournament. They totally deserved to be there.

Oh quit whining. It happens to my team all the time. If they don't win the conference tournament they never get an at large bid. One year they went 24-7 and had the best record of any Division 1 program to not get an NCAA invite cause they lost to Butler in the conference championship game and lost the automatic bid. I think Butler has done a pretty good job of showing how good the Horizon conference is but hey, that's how it is. If you don't win your conference don't whine if you don't get an invite cause you haven't earned it.

The way I look at it is there are 32 teams that earned their way into the tournament and 32 teams who didn't. Even if CU had been invited they would have been one of the 32 that didn't earn it.

I didn't do so good on Saturday. I was only 4-4. With 26 winning picks in the first round though and if my 8 picks today work out, then I should still be in the running. Pitt getting beat by Butler hurt cause I picked Pitt to go to the final four but Butler upheld the pride for the Horizon conference so I can't complain. Is it just me or does Pitt have a problem with choking in the big dance? That's what scares me about Kansas. Sure they've won a couple of national championships but they also have one hell of a record of choking to lesser teams in the tournament. It's one of the reasons I picked OSU over them cause Kansas, by the numbers, would appear to be the best team in the nation.

Bad day today for me. First the Huskies blew it in the last 4 minutes of their game, and then the Irish brought what has to be among the worst level of play in the history of the NCAA playoffs.

Bad day today for me. First the Huskies blew it in the last 4 minutes of their game, and then the Irish brought what has to be among the worst level of play in the history of the NCAA playoffs.
Yea Marquette and UConn are the last two big east (or should I say big least) teams left and Marquette is the last of the mackerel snapper colleges left. Boy what has happened with the crappy cruncher schools? They used to be a force in the NCAA tournament. I used to watch them a lot back in the day when they were all independents. St. Louis, Detroit, Marquette, Dayton, ND, Layolla, DePaul of which Marquette under Al McGuire, Dayton under Don Donaher, ND under Digger Phelps and DePaul under Ron Meyer were the cream of the crop. None of those teams have played as consistently good since those coaches left those programs or retired. Marquette has done the best in recent years but are not consistantly the national power they were under McQuire. Poor DePaul's program has virtually disappeared.

Well, Irish Nation can at least rest easy on hearing shit from Perdue fans, seeing as how they got murdered just as badly in their game. :cof1:

Uh oh Mott, bad assumption.

The SEC has two teams in the Elite 8 and the Big East has one? WOW!!! Go Wildcats!!

And what happened to the dominant conf this year? Wasn't the Big 10 supposed to rule?

And UK is in the Final Four!

Oddly, none of the top seeds made it.

This was the weekend from hell for my brackets. I was 26-6 in the first round and 10 and 4 in the second round. This weekend only one of my sweet 16 picks won (UConn) and none of my elite 8 did so the rest of my bracket is completely wiped out.

Well since my alma matter is in the Horizon league I gotta support the Butler Bulldogs. Two years a row in the final four. I bet that helps their recruiting.

Back