Yet another gun poll!

/MSG/

Uwaa OmO
We all know the deal. I'm getting my tax refund next week, a gun is getting bought, but this time I an leaving it open suggestion. Anyone with any gun ideas, let me know. I've been looking at either a PSL (a SVD copy) or a Norinco 87 ( a copy of the Winchester lever action 1887 shotgun).

this one please. hope you use it often

I8ZS2.png

I like the Norinco. I'm a gun history buff, so it is one I have looked at getting for myself.

expensive-shotguns.jpg

In 2008, Christie’s held their Exceptional and Fine Sporting Guns and Rifles sale in London. The highlight of the event was a pair of gold-inlaid 12-bore shotguns by J. Purdey & Sons. Gunsmith Ken Hunt was inspired by the Royal Armouries in the Tower of London. These shotguns are particularly notable for the profusion of gold used in their making and are displayed in an exquisite oak and leather case.

Valued at $320,000 to $400,000, it’s safe to say these fantastic firearms are the most expensive shotguns in the world.

expensive-shotguns.jpg

In 2008, Christie’s held their Exceptional and Fine Sporting Guns and Rifles sale in London. The highlight of the event was a pair of gold-inlaid 12-bore shotguns by J. Purdey & Sons. Gunsmith Ken Hunt was inspired by the Royal Armouries in the Tower of London. These shotguns are particularly notable for the profusion of gold used in their making and are displayed in an exquisite oak and leather case.

Valued at $320,000 to $400,000, it’s safe to say these fantastic firearms are the most expensive shotguns in the world.
I can just picture Cap'N Billy sawin them off.

I've never seen the point of making something expensive, not by making it the best in its class and giving it insanely good features, but by covering it in diamonds and gold.

Like, they have a million dollar cake. Covered in diamonds. WTF?

I've never seen the point of making something expensive, not by making it the best in its class and giving it insanely good features, but by covering it in diamonds and gold.

You have a point. Even if we did gold plate you I doubt we'd get any more for you.

The J. Purdey & Sons shotguns are not inexpensive in their plainest form.

Their doubles routinely sell for $12,000.00 and up. The high end english double barrel shotgun is a work of art to a gun buff.

Think of car buffs and a vintage rolls royce or bentley.

The J. Purdey & Sons shotguns are not inexpensive in their plainest form.

Their doubles routinely sell for $12,000.00 and up. The high end english double barrel shotgun is a work of art to a gun buff.

Think of car buffs and a vintage rolls royce or bentley.
Winter...keep in mind...Cap'n Billy is from Michigan.....it's probably a good idear that he should be limited to a firearm appropriate for someone from that region.

Winter...keep in mind...Cap'n Billy is from Michigan.....it's probably a good idear that he should be limited to a firearm appropriate for someone from that region.

I know. And I doubt Capt Billy will be buying a Purdey double. (unless its "that thar shore is a purdy shotgun".

But I wanted folks to know the price on the guns pictured isn't just for the gold plating.

It's the same principle as anything else that is insanely expensive. It says 'I have more money than you could hope for, now like me damnit!"

That being said I actually own a rifle like that. Granted, I inherited it, but still.

For anyone who is curious, I do own a H&H royal double rifle in 375. I inherited it from my grandfather. It's currently worth about $200,000.

For anyone who is curious, I do own a H&H royal double rifle in 375. I inherited it from my grandfather. It's currently worth about $200,000.

Holy Shit!! You own a Holland & Holland Royal?? You need to post a pic or two. Or email me a some pics. That is one of the all-time great firearms.

Helluva grandfather. Mine left me a Stevens single shot 16 gauge. Not quite the same thing. lol

I'll be sure to post ASAP. It's truly a marvel of art and engineering. Of course I may be wrong about the grade but I know it's a H&H and it's above average in every respect. Except how it shoots. It's the only thing that I don't take to the range. And I was wrong about the estimated value. It's currently around $105,000, not $200,000. Don't know where I got that number from.

Back