Yet another gun poll!

I'll be sure to post ASAP. It's truly a marvel of art and engineering. Of course I may be wrong about the grade but I know it's a H&H and it's above average in every respect. Except how it shoots. It's the only thing that I don't take to the range. And I was wrong about the estimated value. It's currently around $105,000, not $200,000. Don't know where I got that number from.

The current value doesn't mean much to me. People make judgements and they can be high or low. What its actually worth is what you can get someone to pay you for it.

I have seen 2 H&H double rifles in my lifetime. I handled one of them. The balance, wood-to-metal fit, engraving, checkering and crispness of the action were well above anything else I have handled. The only one I have seen that came close was a Wesley Richards 20ga set that an old boss of mine owned.

Meh, much like wine, I think the main difference between a 10k shotgun and 500 dollar one is going to be the placebo effect. They're both going to kill whatever your pointing them at. No need to go much beyond that.

Meh, much like wine, I think the main difference between a 10k shotgun and 500 dollar one is going to be the placebo effect. They're both going to kill whatever your pointing them at. No need to go much beyond that.

That's not necessarily true. The final application (I.E. what's dead is dead) may be the same, but fit and finish, functionality, accuracy, balance, swing, Etc. is all different. Not that a $200 pump is bad (I own several), but they're a different tool for a different task.

Meh, I think you are looking at the function of a gun only.

A Yugo and Ferrari will both transport you from point A to point B. But if you think the main difference is a placebo effect, you haven't looked at them closely.

Back