"You Can't Eat GDP"

signalmankenneth

Verified User
"You Can't Eat GDP": Reminder That Most Workers Are Struggling as Trump and Corporate Media Tout Economic Growth

"Any administration would tout a strong GDP report like today's, but if it's not reaching workers' paychecks, which it isn't, then cease the applause."

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...are-struggling-trump-and-corporate-media-tout

001372acd0b50ddf0bd204.jpg

Real Median household income is higher than it has been in 50 years. People have a spending problem more than an earning problem. If they didn't, corporate profits wouldn't be so high and the perceived wealth of all those 1%er stockholders wouldn't be so obscene.

Real Median household income is higher than it has been in 50 years. People have a spending problem more than an earning problem. If they didn't, corporate profits wouldn't be so high and the perceived wealth of all those 1%er stockholders wouldn't be so obscene.

Is that what the Kremlin is saying these days?

The middle class and poor have a "spending problem"?

Yea...sucks that we want to spend on rent and mortgage and college huh?

Bullshit

Bullshit

You want someone to subsidize your rent and pay for YOUR fucking kid's college.

What crap. Wages have been flat for 40 years while corporate profits are at all-time highs. That money created by the workers, was confiscated by the top 1 percent. The wealth gap is worse than the Gilded Age. Damn take time off to learn something.

Bullshit

Actually it is what the federal reserve is saying. Educate yourself

What crap. Wages have been flat for 40 years while corporate profits are at all-time highs. That money created by the workers, was confiscated by the top 1 percent. The wealth gap is worse than the Gilded Age. Damn take time off to learn something.

Real Median Household Income is something you can look at by year. Perhaps that you think wages and income are the same thing is your problem, and your boss might be watching you texting when you should be supersizing my order, McChild.

"You Can't Eat GDP": Reminder That Most Workers Are Struggling as Trump and Corporate Media Tout Economic Growth

"Any administration would tout a strong GDP report like today's, but if it's not reaching workers' paychecks, which it isn't, then cease the applause."

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...are-struggling-trump-and-corporate-media-tout

001372acd0b50ddf0bd204.jpg

Obama had higher GDP's in 4 quarters during his Presidency. This one is based on massive increases in sales due to Trumps tariffs, and everyone wanting to avoid the tariff. Iowa farmers are losing as much as $50.000 eacjh on their loss of soybean sales. Prices for other goods are also increasing. Wages aren't though.

And wait until you see what the cost of wheat is going to be after all the wildfires.

People piss and moan about not making enough money but they're all carrying around expensive smart phones and paying large monthly service fees for them. Then, every time a new model comes out, the lines wrap around Best Buy three or four times.

People piss and moan about not making enough money but they're all carrying around expensive smart phones and paying large monthly service fees for them. Then, every time a new model comes out, the lines wrap around Best Buy three or four times.

And have cable packages with crap I don't buy even though I could afford it.

That’s a good point.

There are millions of people in this country that would go hungry before they gave up their $600 smart phone and the contract that goes with it.

I'm using a 6 year old phone and my business phone is now 3 years old. And I'm so busy here in Columbus that I increased prices by 30% to try to NOT get some bids, but I got the jobs anyway so now I have more money and less time to enjoy it. Damn you, Trump!

Back