You know what pisses me off?

St. Patrick's day is a celebration for Papists anyway. One day of the year where you guys manage to get drunk enough that you can't bomb us.
I wore an orange shirt to work on Paddy's day. No one got it but some of the mackerel snappers. When some of my co-workers asked why I was wearing orange instead of green I told them my fathers family emigrated from Londonderry in Ulster. They still didn't get it.

I wore an orange shirt to work on Paddy's day. No one got it but some of the mackerel snappers. When some of my co-workers asked why I was wearing orange instead of green I told them my fathers family emigrated from Londonderry in Ulster. They still didn't get it.

You should have said that you love King Billy.

Your comment explains that you're a bigot.
I must not be to bigoted. I married one. I even told her if we had kids she could raise them Catholic but only under one condition. She agreed to that condition but did not like it at all. The condition was, the first time the kids come home talking that "one true faith" bullshit that Catholics tend to believe in, it would be the last time they would attend a Catholic church while they lived in my home.

I'm not naive about Catholics and I will admit to a certain amount of bigotry towards them. I grew up a Methodist in a small farming village of German Catholics and God knows they were plenty bigoted towards me so I view it as a quid pro quo. It was made perfectly clear to me when I was growing up there that I was less then a life form and I know just how reactionary those folks can be, so like I said, a lot of your views make a lot more sense to me now.

Honestly, I thought you were borderline nuts until you told me you were Catholic. ;)

I must not be to bigoted. I married one. I even told her if we had kids she could raise them Catholic but only under one condition. She agreed to that condition but did not like it at all. The condition was, the first time the kids come home talking that "one true faith" bullshit that Catholics tend to believe in, it would be the last time they would attend a Catholic church while they lived in my home.

I'm not naive about Catholics and I will admit to a certain amount of bigotry towards them. I grew up a Methodist in a small farming village of German Catholics and God knows they were plenty bigoted towards me so I view it as a quid pro quo. It was made perfectly clear to me when I was growing up there that I was less then a life form and I know just how reactionary those folks can be, so like I said, a lot of your views make a lot more sense to me now.

Honestly, I thought you were borderline nuts until you told me you were Catholic. ;)

At least you admit your bigotry.

Most, if not all religions think they're the one, true faith. I know fundies who think the only people who matter are those who are "saved". I've had fundies tell me only 144,00 people will get into heaven. That's 144,000 in the entire history of mankind. Every religion has its illogical beliefs. (And I know that some people consider the entire concept of religious belief to be illogical.)

Back