Your best coffee concoctions.

Charoite

Verified User
Giving up soda for the most part and relying more on coffee for the winter. Decided it was worth making a discussion to share all the ways for a good cup. If you even have bean preferences or like it boozy, include those as well. No bans, so hopefully you can handle coffee chat.

What would be the best liqueur to use for a boozy coffee? I have the following.

Bailey's, Irish Cream
Bailey's, Pumpkin Spice
Kahlua
Frangelico, Hazelnut
Pama, Pomegranate
Montana Wild, Chokecherry
Amaretto Di Amore

I have over the last two years gotten big onto iced coffee and cold brew....often with a shot of egg nog or Dairygold Old Fashioned Chocolate Milk (Koreans I worked with taught me chocolate milk, I was told that this is a big thing in Korea).

product-3200802.png

Well, that's a fallback standard of course. It's the usual for the first cup because you aren't in the mood to prepare more. If you're really dragging it's time to say screw it and bring in the powdered cappuccino mixes. On a note, don't go by the best by dates on non-dairy creamers. I'm currently on a best by Aug 2020 bottle and it's no different.

Giving up soda for the most part and relying more on coffee for the winter. Decided it was worth making a discussion to share all the ways for a good cup. If you even have bean preferences or like it boozy, include those as well. No bans, so hopefully you can handle coffee chat.

I would provoke roars of laughter from any barista, but my routine is Taster's Choice decaffeinated instant coffee and Coffee Mate sugar free vanilla creamer.

Colombian Supreme black straight up.

I would provoke roars of laughter from any barista, but my routine is Taster's Choice decaffeinated instant coffee and Coffee Mate sugar free vanilla creamer.

Some people like convenience while others are fussy and will go as far as roast their own beans. To each their own.

Colombian Supreme black straight up.

My brother always liked his coffee black. We visited with him back in his college days and he must have brushed off a pot himself at The Pancake House. I have a strong taste sensation for bitter notes and need to amend my coffee though. I know they have good beans from the South Pacific and I've bought on multiple occasions a variety called Java Ciwidey.

Taster's Choice is actually fairly acceptable in a pinch. As far as instant goes, it's not too bad if you make it a little strong. I believe it's easily the best instant coffee on the market.

Of course, it's been about 40 years since it used it. I never drink decaf anything, but a girl I was dating back in my instant days bought me a coffee mill and some beans.

I've been grinding my beans every morning since. I drink one mug in the morning, and one in the late afternoon after work.

Milk no sugar. I don't mind cream or half/half, but I never keep it in the house.

I NEVER put vegetable oil in my coffee, though.

LOL. Never thought of it that way.
I worked in a number of grocery stores when I was a kid. That was before nutrition labeling. If you wanted to know what was in, and how much was in a product, you read the ingredients. They were listed in descending order.

That can be a scary proposition. Cool Whip is vegetable oil with sugar. I have a strict policy about vices. You DON'T skimp on vices. If you have to eat sweetened vegetable oil because you want to lose weight, probably better to skip dessert!

I worked in a number of grocery stores when I was a kid. That was before nutrition labeling. If you wanted to know what was in, and how much was in a product, you read the ingredients. They were listed in descending order.

That can be a scary proposition. Cool Whip is vegetable oil with sugar. I have a strict policy about vices. You DON'T skimp on vices. If you have to eat sweetened vegetable oil because you want to lose weight, probably better to skip dessert!

Imagine my face when I found out was in Miracle Whip and mayo. Then afterwards I didn't care since I liked them way too much. :)

Imagine my face when I found out was in Miracle Whip and mayo. Then afterwards I didn't care since I liked them way too much. :)
I took a couple of trips to Vegas years ago. I found a good coffee kiosk in the hotel. Unfortunately, they didn't have milk out for the coffee. They had a huge box of 'non dairy creamer', which we all know is vegetable oil. I asked the girl behind the counter if they had half and half, and she pointed to the box.

I told her that it's creamer, not half and half. I gave her a short tutorial re. the ingredients in creamer. She gave me a short tutorial about how 'In Vegas, that's half and half'.

OK fine.

I took a couple of trips to Vegas years ago. I found a good coffee kiosk in the hotel. Unfortunately, they didn't have milk out for the coffee. They had a huge box of 'non dairy creamer', which we all know is vegetable oil. I asked the girl behind the counter if they had half and half, and she pointed to the box.

I told her that it's creamer, not half and half. I gave her a short tutorial re. the ingredients in creamer. She gave me a short tutorial about how 'In Vegas, that's half and half'.

OK fine.

What's half in Vegas stays in Vegas.

*ducks then runs*

Back