Your Favorite Food

I haven't been able to eat any citrus for years. Tears my stomach up.

I used to love chocolate milk. Shouldn't have it now.

Oh. Never been a chocolate freak, but Butterfingers! Very rarely now.

Ice cream.

Well, I always have to watch my figure so chocolate cheese cake is a no-no but my Sweety made a chocolate cheese cake with a raspberry coulis for Valentine's Day. She used the raspberris we froze last year from our garden. YUM!!

I can eat anything I choose.
Picture of health!
At 42 years old I ran the paras ten in Colchester last year!
I trained for it though.
Did a 5k 9 months prior then carb loaded!
VIRTUTIS FORTUNA COMES!!

Love a good steak mind, with butter!

Cholesterol?
106!!

Tonight was a leg of lamb, I removed the bone and stuffed the cavity with a paste of kalamata olives, rosemary and sun dried tomato.
Some very small shavings of manchego cheese, then coated the lot with the olive/sundries tomato paste( hand chopped of course) let it sit for 2 hours then roasted it for 90 mins!

Worked pretty well.

Did I mention, cholesterol 106!!!!!!

A nice numanthia as the pairing!!

For valentines I'm now finishing the night with the very last '05 Shalestone Pinot Noir in existence.
The very best ever vinified.

Since this is turning into a "What I made for VD dinner". My lovely bride adores seafood so I made Ciopino with mussels, dugeness crab, prawns, halibut and some clams. I also warmed up some sour dough bread to dip into the soup. I served it with a nicely chilled Reisling though my wife decided to drink her favorite red wine (and ya'll didn't believe me when I told you she's evil!). For dessert ew had home made carrot cake with a mocha latte.....well.....as the Hobbits would say.....that was first dessert. :)

Last year we got a Keurig from the in laws for Christmas. I can't afford to drink too much coffee now, but love the machine!

I absolutely LOVE my Keurig!

Yeah, I spend a little more on coffee, but its worth it. There are some delicious coffees out there in those little cups. Good teas and whatnot too.

Keurig coffees are stale ersatz crap.
Enjoyed only by people with no palate.
Roast and grind your beans daily for the very best coffee.
Most people have a slobs palate and wouldn't taste the difference.
Then they would go and chow at Mc Donald's.

Keurig coffees are stale ersatz crap.
Enjoyed only by people with no palate.
Roast and grind your beans daily for the very best coffee.
Most people have a slobs palate and wouldn't taste the difference.
Then they would go and chow at Mc Donald's.

If you want to waste hours of your day roasting and grinding coffee, then have at it. I prefer convenience over the slight difference in taste. But I can also enjoy fresh roasted, fresh ground coffee in my Keurig. I have a dark roast that is roasted by a local company that is delicious. I buy small quantities and grind it myself. Combine that with good spring water, and the coffee is the best I have ever tasted.

Back