Zooey Deschanel Boston Marathon Bomber

Explain to me what is unequal about the word actress, or heroine, come to that??

Who said it was? It is a distinction without real value. We all know Zooey and Emily are female.

The change is to combat the implication that jobs are more natural to certain genders and it helps to change our consciousness. I certainly dont think it is a big deal and probably would not bother to point it out, but if aware I will choose to be diplomatic. You are the one that made it an issue and seems to think it is important.

Who said it was? It is a distinction without real value. We all know Zooey and Emily are female.

The change is to combat the implication that jobs are more natural to certain genders and it helps to change our consciousness. I certainly dont think it is a big deal and probably would not bother to point it out, but if aware I will choose to be diplomatic. You are the one that made it an issue and seems to think it is important.

Yes, I do think it is important. It really pisses me off the way that language is constantly changed to accommodate the PC brigade, who are never fucking satisfied anyway.

Yes, I do think it is important. It really pisses me off the way that language is constantly changed to accommodate the PC brigade, who are never fucking satisfied anyway.

Oh flibbity flew. You should ask Nova and pmp about getting the best deals on Depends.

According to available etymology actor and actress were used interchangeably until influenced by the French actrice.

Language changes for lots of reason. It does affect our consciousness and the way we view things. Obviously, the English language was male dominated.

Again, you are the one who made note of it and seem to want to lead some anti-pc brigade. Unless you are against gender equality I really don't see any reason why that is a rational reaction. I really don't think it is that important to preserve 'ess' or 'ine' prefixes. Words like "herstory" are, of course, ridiculous but if someone prefers 'actor' to 'actress' then who cares?

Oh flibbity flew. You should ask Nova and pmp about getting the best deals on Depends.

According to available etymology actor and actress were used interchangeably until influenced by the French actrice.

Language changes for lots of reason. It does affect our consciousness and the way we view things. Obviously, the English language was male dominated.

Again, you are the one who made note of it and seem to want to lead some anti-pc brigade. Unless you are against gender equality I really don't see any reason why that is a rational reaction. I really don't think it is that important to preserve 'ess' or 'ine' prefixes. Words like "herstory" are, of course, ridiculous but if someone prefers 'actor' to 'actress' then who cares?

It never stops, have you come across GLBTQ2IA?

Yeah and without the larger breasts too!!!!

UOTE=Aoxomoxoa;1206131]She looks like Katie Perry without the décolletage.[/QUOTE]

Back