$15 minimum wage plan is 'going to destroy the hospitality industry'

I totally missed Biden proposer this nationally. Yeah, it’s asinine. The cost of living is different across the country. A high one size fits all number doesn’t work. I may not agree with with what certain cities and states choose to make their rate, but I agree it should be done at the local and state level so if they decide to raise it then so be it.

But this will hurt lower cost places, no doubt.
it also hurts those n fixed incomes who will be paying more for products/services wit this
It also will hinder the recovery and job creation

I admit it's seductive - just like Bidens $1400 stimulus.. Since I have 0 confidence in the economy with Bidens tax increases and regs... oh well f* it -gimme my stimulus check

I totally missed Biden proposer this nationally. Yeah, it’s asinine. The cost of living is different across the country. A high one size fits all number doesn’t work. I may not agree with with what certain cities and states choose to make their rate, but I agree it should be done at the local and state level so if they decide to raise it then so be it.

It's going to kill business in much of the "fly over states" of the mid West. What is likely to happen is the more savvy ones will simply go around the government rather than cooperate. That is, this will create more black markets.

Hi cawacko, how have you been? Any new shirtless pics?

In most countries--well, in almost all--the concept of tipping for service is not practiced or it is automatically tacked on to the bill. In most of Europe the tip is included in the VAT on the bill. Middle East and Asia tipping is unknown. It isn't done.
I've actually seen myself US military personnel in Bahrain (where I was stationed for a time) leave a tip only to have the employee stop them to return the money thinking they'd forgotten their change at the table.

So, if it becomes prohibitively expensive here (and it is) it will likely die off as a social custom.

Tipping is common enough in the UK, not as ubiquitous as the US though.

Back