2 nations that tried

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
then we should have grenades, tear gas, rockets, drones, heat sensing equipment, and machine guns too. Allowing the status quo to stand is betraying the ideas that the founders fought and died for.

Let me put it this way. If you plan on taking on the government I'd suggest doing an arsenal inventory first. To say you're "out-gunned" is a gross understatement.

Let me put it this way. If you plan on taking on the government I'd suggest doing an arsenal inventory first. To say you're "out-gunned" is a gross understatement.

and i'd suggest you do a numbers check. at last count, there were around 5 million service men and women along with 650,000 police officers. compare that to the number of gun owners in this country when you attempt to ban their 'assault' weapons. that's 8 million. attrition will kill you.

LOL
My point though is that the Empire was at the height of it's military power when it lost the American colonies.

ask the afghanis and how they fared against the russians, or the insurrectionists in Iraq now.

Maybe ask the Afghanis and the insurrectionists how life is.

Come on, STY. Do you want to live in a cave or in the bush while others are enjoying life? What have the rebels/insurrectionists stopped the US from getting? Put another way what will you be fighting for? What great loss of freedom do you imagine? What do you think the government is going to do? Can you tell me what, exactly, would be the reason or a reason to fight the government?

LOL My point though is that the Empire was at the height of it's military power when it lost the American colonies.

And stretched thin globally, under threat from France (our ally), and faced with growing domestic discontent with warring on their fellow Anglo-Saxons...

They lost heart, just as we did in 'Nam.

I would add that British military prowess reached it's zenith in 1815.

Maybe ask the Afghanis and the insurrectionists how life is. Come on, STY. Do you want to live in a cave or in the bush while others are enjoying life? What have the rebels/insurrectionists stopped the US from getting? Put another way what will you be fighting for? What great loss of freedom do you imagine? What do you think the government is going to do? Can you tell me what, exactly, would be the reason or a reason to fight the government?

A traffic stop, or being asked to show ID?

Maybe ask the Afghanis and the insurrectionists how life is.

Come on, STY. Do you want to live in a cave or in the bush while others are enjoying life? What have the rebels/insurrectionists stopped the US from getting? Put another way what will you be fighting for? What great loss of freedom do you imagine? What do you think the government is going to do? Can you tell me what, exactly, would be the reason or a reason to fight the government?
if the government stays off my back, I can stay off theirs. That's the problem with statists like you. You don't want people to be left alone, you want them heavily regulated like little lemmings, being told to do whatever you feel they should be doing. it's that freedom alone that's worth killing for. I'd rather live in a cave and not be hassled by the government, than to live in a 8 bedroom mansion being told what to do everyday.

And stretched thin globally, under threat from France (our ally), and faced with growing domestic discontent with warring on their fellow Anglo-Saxons...

They lost heart, just as we did in 'Nam.

I would add that British military prowess reached it's zenith in 1815.

Granted we had the home field advantage. That was all we had though. I would point out that 1815 was not long after the war, in relative terms.

and i'd suggest you do a numbers check. at last count, there were around 5 million service men and women along with 650,000 police officers. compare that to the number of gun owners in this country when you attempt to ban their 'assault' weapons. that's 8 million. attrition will kill you.

In that case you may as well surrender to the Chinese. There are billion of them and only 300 million US citizens. Talk about attrition!

if the government stays off my back, I can stay off theirs. That's the problem with statists like you. You don't want people to be left alone, you want them heavily regulated like little lemmings, being told to do whatever you feel they should be doing. it's that freedom alone that's worth killing for. I'd rather live in a cave and not be hassled by the government, than to live in a 8 bedroom mansion being told what to do everyday.

What are you told to do? What do you think you'll be told to do?

Citizens in other democratic countries that do not permit guns are not living under slavery.

I'm trying to understand what you fear.

Granted we had the home field advantage. That was all we had though. I would point out that 1815 was not long after the war, in relative terms.

We also had motivated soldiers, their ranks were more reluctant to fight what they regarded as their own kin, and the British troops in America were not their best.

When Britain and the allied nations defeated Napoleon at Waterloo, Pax Britannica began. We were lucky they were distracted by the Napoleonic Wars or they'd have reconquered our country in the War of 1812. It was the closest call we've ever had.

do you see all billion chinese people invading our country? I don't. so your comparison is ill thought.

If/when certain citizens band together to fight the government you'll see how quickly martial law is invoked. All I can say is good luck fighting the US military with your guns.

Back