2 nations that tried

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
HAving an armed citizenry worked well before we had a WELL armed standing army.

In modern times, it would not matter how many guns the private citizens have, the government has so many more it would be negligable.

The Government is not afraid of your silly Guns. Get over that stupid idea. They have 100 times more guns than anyone has, they have tankes, they have MUCH more sophisticated weapons that will render simple guns, even assault riflies useless, the idea our founders had about citizens being able to protect themselves from the Government with Guns is OUTDATED.

Look around the world and see how outdated it is. The only way to stand up to a Government is via a Massive Peacefull Uprising, its what falls governments. Its what ended the Soviets, its what ousted Mubarik, its what always changes governments now.

What are you told to do? What do you think you'll be told to do?

Citizens in other democratic countries that do not permit guns are not living under slavery.

I'm trying to understand what you fear.
over the last year, you've seen the numerous posts i've made about things like the patriot act, ndaa, the TSA, among other oppressive federal issues. Not to mention the dozens upon dozens of police brutality incidents across this country. I realize that since you trust the government more than you trust people, you're quite comfortable with a squad of police officers with weapons of mass destruction breaking in to peoples homes and killing innocent people because the officers 'feared for their lives', but despite your love and desire for this type of security, it is blatant tyranny and oppression the likes of which we fought a war for independence over 200 years ago.

IF? IF? Do you think the rest of the world is planning the destruction of America? Do you think that all the terrorists in the world have told everyone but America that they'll be OK?
You are a sensible guy, Apple, but surely you are not sold in this 'clear and present danger' crap that has destroyed your freedoms, destroyed your confidence and destroyed your reputation?
Why can't Americans just do what everyone else does? Get on with their lives in as much peace and harmony as is possible and stop looking under rocks for comic book anti heroes?

You misunderstood me. No, I don't believe the world is coming to an end.

20110328_libyan-rebels_33.jpg

That kinda puts a gigantic, oil producing nation sized, hole in your argument.

Libya? They've been trying to overthrow a dictator for years. Big difference.

If/when certain citizens band together to fight the government you'll see how quickly martial law is invoked. All I can say is good luck fighting the US military with your guns.
so 'posse comitatus' was a good idea until you actually realize that people might fight your precious government????

Do you really think that the majority of the Military are just going to blindly fall into lock step with the Government, if it gets this far.
And exactly what kind of armament do you think those Military personel are going to have access to.

What armaments won't they have access to? One call for martial law and you and your band of misfits may as well start digging your graves.

The Government is not afraid of your silly Guns. Get over that stupid idea. They have 100 times more guns than anyone has, they have tankes, they have MUCH more sophisticated weapons that will render simple guns, even assault riflies useless, the idea our founders had about citizens being able to protect themselves from the Government with Guns is OUTDATED.

Look around the world and see how outdated it is. The only way to stand up to a Government is via a Massive Peacefull Uprising, its what falls governments. Its what ended the Soviets, its what ousted Mubarik, its what always changes governments now.
how well did peaceful uprisings work against king george? or hussein? castro? if the government wasn't afraid of our silly guns, why do they send dozens of armored, body armored, and heavily armed agents to raid houses accused of growing a weed?

over the last year, you've seen the numerous posts i've made about things like the patriot act, ndaa, the TSA, among other oppressive federal issues. Not to mention the dozens upon dozens of police brutality incidents across this country. I realize that since you trust the government more than you trust people, you're quite comfortable with a squad of police officers with weapons of mass destruction breaking in to peoples homes and killing innocent people because the officers 'feared for their lives', but despite your love and desire for this type of security, it is blatant tyranny and oppression the likes of which we fought a war for independence over 200 years ago.

Talking about Police Officers breaking into homes and killing innocent people what is the ratio between Police Officers killing innocents and regular people killing innocents? When you find that out you'll understand why I trust the Police over the average person.

What armaments won't they have access to? One call for martial law and you and your band of misfits may as well start digging your graves.
you have such a naive viewpoint about how an 'uprising' is going to go. it's sad you can't see anything other than your 'pleasant reality'.

Talking about Police Officers breaking into homes and killing innocent people what is the ratio between Police Officers killing innocents and regular people killing innocents? When you find that out you'll understand why I trust the Police over the average person.
so let's be very clear on what you support....innocent people dying at the hands of government is completely ok to you, simply because you mistrust non government people.

so 'posse comitatus' was a good idea until you actually realize that people might fight your precious government????

There are far fewer people than you imagine who would fight the government. Once a person starts they are putting everything on the line. Their family, their home, their way of life....everything. Maybe you are content to live in the bush, hunt for food, have no access to a doctor or dentist....not too many people are unless the government really does something wrong.

I think you're going to learn the hard way.

There are far fewer people than you imagine who would fight the government. Once a person starts they are putting everything on the line. Their family, their home, their way of life....everything. Maybe you are content to live in the bush, hunt for food, have no access to a doctor or dentist....not too many people are unless the government really does something wrong.

again, your naivete is setting you up for a shock.

Let me put it this way. If you plan on taking on the government I'd suggest doing an arsenal inventory first. To say you're "out-gunned" is a gross understatement.

Didn't we outgun the Iraqi's? How about the Afghans? Did the russkies outgun the Afghans? How did that work out for the russkies?

think about this for a second. you want 'all's fair' for the gov to use no rules in fighting what you call rebellion, but don't you think that we would use those same rules and start killing all the collaborators like you?

Oh, please. Your visions of grandeur are ludicrous. The great majority of these so-called revolutionaries/freedom fighters get together for a good chat and then go home and turn on the TV and have a delicious dinner. Central heat/air. A nice clean bed.

Don't count on them, STY. They're like internet warriors. Ready to kill until it's supper time. Then, time out. :lol:

Here is a thought experiment for ya. Before this tragedy, who woulda thought that Lanza's mom was a prepper? She lived in a million dollar home, probably voted Obama yet here she was preparing for the worst

There are more of us than you think.

What you fear is not that we are self sufficient, but that you won't be able to be. We highlight your vulnerability and that scares you.

You would prefer to be a slave. I do not. I am not trying to force you to live my lifestyle. You are trying to force me to live yours. Who exactly is the tyrant?

I pose no threat to you as long as you leave me alone. The reaso I am peaceful is because I am armed to the teeth. If you want to take on my mountain compound you best bring some shit with ya. It's gonna be a long day. But, if you leave me alone, you have no worries.

Back