66% - Angry, 60% say NEITHER party has the answer...

Loyalists, also known as "Tories," were American colonists during the American Revolution that chose to participate in the war by embracing the British Empire and advocating for continued English rule over the colonies. Though there were
Loyalists from all facets of life, most commonly, Loyalists were wealthy, well-educated conservative people who supported continued British authority in order to maintain domestic stability, and thus they would be able to maintain their current standards of living. Often, Loyalists from such a background would consider themselves "better" and morally and intellectually superior to the revolting colonists. By one Loyalist's account, the Revolutionaries were "lawless mobs and brutes".

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/240212/loyalists_during_the_american_revolution.html

He's using the lame argument of using the literal dictionary meaning of the term conservative and then attempting to apply that meaning to political conservatives of today.

Read back there dude I already covered that.
And even with that the cons of then sound a lot like the cons of now.

Loyalists, also known as "Tories," were American colonists during the American Revolution that chose to participate in the war by embracing the British Empire and advocating for continued English rule over the colonies. Though there were
Loyalists from all facets of life, most commonly, Loyalists were wealthy, well-educated conservative people who supported continued British authority in order to maintain domestic stability, and thus they would be able to maintain their current standards of living. Often, Loyalists from such a background would consider themselves "better" and morally and intellectually superior to the revolting colonists. By one Loyalist's account, the Revolutionaries were "lawless mobs and brutes".

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/240212/loyalists_during_the_american_revolution.html

You're starting to sound like a broken record. I'm not contending that the loyalists weren't regarded as "conservative" at the time; rather, I'm stating the simple and obvious truth that 18th century conservatives were very different from modern conservatives, just as classical liberals differ from "progressive liberals" such as yourself. If a modern conservative went back in time to 1776, he would be considered a liberal. And if a progressive went back in time, he would be charged with treason and put to death by a firing squad.

But if you wish to remain ignorant, that is your prerogative.

I dunno both the articles pretty much described current day cons. Business owners, the wealthy, religious, etc.

Go fuck yourself. You're not worth my time.

LMAO! I don't know if this helps but you are far from the first person to have that same response to him after attempting to have a discussion/debate. Even liberals on the board have had the same response so its not like its partisan. As I've found the ignore button can be a good friend.

LMAO! I don't know if this helps but you are far from the first person to have that same response to him after attempting to have a discussion/debate. Even liberals on the board have had the same response so its not like its partisan. As I've found the ignore button can be a good friend.
Hey, cawacko, my friend wants to buy a 1.2 acre, 3500 sf home, in Sparks, NV for $290,000. Is it a good investment?

Does anyone know that area? Will it rebound in four years?

Strange one who says for me to fuck myself is declared the best debator?
I conducted a good debate in this thread.

I do understand your partisan need to help out a fellow rightwinger though.
But please do not resort to falsehoods to do it.

Just becuase I was correct and you guys were wrong you resort to vulgar name calling and such?

How can you waste someone's time on a message board, aren't we all wasting time here?

Hey, cawacko, my friend wants to buy a 1.2 acre, 3500 sf home, in Sparks, NV for $290,000. Is it a good investment?

Does anyone know that area? Will it rebound in four years?

I'd have to do a little research for you to find out. On the surface it sounds like a good deal but without knowing the local market well I'm just guessing. I'll look tomorrow and send you a PM!

I'd have to do a little research for you to find out. On the surface it sounds like a good deal but without knowing the local market well I'm just guessing. I'll look tomorrow and send you a PM!
Thanks, it is where we girls vacation and we hate to see it go!!!!!

How can you waste someone's time on a message board, aren't we all wasting time here?

LOL... touche. I can only speak for myself but I enjoy participating in or even better yet viewing good debates on different subjects. I feel like I get something out of them whether it confirms my feelings on a subject or makes me think of something in a different way. My intent above was not to label someone a bad person or anything along those lines but to acknowledge to the poster I know how he feels at that time.

LOL... touche. I can only speak for myself but I enjoy participating in or even better yet viewing good debates on different subjects. I feel like I get something out of them whether it confirms my feelings on a subject or makes me think of something in a different way. My intent above was not to label someone a bad person or anything along those lines but to acknowledge to the poster I know how he feels at that time.
I here you, but USC is my buddy, and you know how true blue I am!

Thanks, it is where we girls vacation and we hate to see it go!!!!!

It's well above the medium home price in Sparks which is ok if 1.2 acres and 3,500 sq.ft. are above the average size lot and home. Homes prices have dipped quite a bit and there are a lot of foreclosures on the market which drive prices down. Is the house itself in good condition or does it need some work?

It's well above the medium home price in Sparks which is ok if 1.2 acres and 3,500 sq.ft. are above the average size lot and home. Homes prices have dipped quite a bit and there are a lot of foreclosures on the market which drive prices down. Is the house itself in good condition or does it need some work?
It is in perfect condition, I could move right in!

Prior to the American Revolution, colonial institutions were generally conservative, including established churches, entailed property ownership, and bondage labor. Local land-owning and merchant elites became powerful through patronage from colonial governors and formed "court" factions in the colonial legislatures, opposed by "popular" factions representing less privileged voters. These conservative elites and their followers are often referred to by modern historians as "Tories", the term later used by leaders of the American Revolution to describe those loyal to the Crown. Some of the leading Tory writers included Joseph Galloway, Thomas Hutchinson, Peter Oliver and Samuel Seabury. Following the Revolution, approximately 100,000 loyalists fled the United States, although the great majority remained in America.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservatism_in_the_United_States

Just the first hit in google, you need more?

It appears that little has changed with conservatives :D

other than the pole shift of political stance and ideology with the name change from conservative to progressive. conservatives back then are now modern neo-liberals/progressives.

Back