8x more likely to be killed by a cop than a terrorist

/yawn.....look, if you want to start throwing statistics around, particularly when they look like outrageous claims, you ought to be prepared to demonstrate they are something more than just outrageous claims......this time you fell short......

/yawn.....look, if you want to start throwing statistics around, particularly when they look like outrageous claims, you ought to be prepared to demonstrate they are something more than just outrageous claims......this time you fell short......

He has a habit of refusing to back up his claims by insisting that he's posted lots of threads on the same subject in the past.

no, I did not fall short. I didn't do anything different than 95% of the journalists and commentators do. I presented you with the statements and backed it up with where the info came from. You don't like that it paints cops in a bad light, so you called it an outrageous claim and moved the goal posts. you failed.

no, I did not fall short. I didn't do anything different than 95% of the journalists and commentators do. I presented you with the statements and backed it up with where the info came from. You don't like that it paints cops in a bad light, so you called it an outrageous claim and moved the goal posts. you failed.

do we have a single number from you to support the claim of "8x"......even the number which DOES show up in your article computes to 5x......11% versus 2%.......

do we have a single number from you to support the claim of "8x"......even the number which DOES show up in your article computes to 5x......11% versus 2%.......
I gave two articles referencing the 8x number which both pointed to the NSC of 2004. that's not good enough for you, you want to see the NSC. I gave you the statement and document for 11% vs 2%, with the footnote of the reference, but you want the reference. I get it. anything to do with cops, law enforcement, or government misconduct, you want the original report or documentation. i'll make sure that if you ever post references to anything, you get the original report or documentation.

I gave two articles referencing the 8x number which both pointed to the NSC of 2004. that's not good enough for you, you want to see the NSC. I gave you the statement and document for 11% vs 2%, with the footnote of the reference, but you want the reference. I get it. anything to do with cops, law enforcement, or government misconduct, you want the original report or documentation. i'll make sure that if you ever post references to anything, you get the original report or documentation.

I just want accurate numbers.....which you obviously don't have.....

i gotta ask, what sounds absurd about the 8x number or the 11% number?

well, right off the bat the "authority" you claim comes to 5X rather than 8X, secondly, the claim comes third hand from whatever the actual numbers are with no hint of what numbers were used to compare or where the numbers came from, even they even came from somewhere beyond someone's imagination.......

seriously, how did they derive at the number and for what year.....did they compare four deaths at the hands of anti-abortion activists in 2003 versus 32 deaths at the hand of police officers?.....what is the basis for the claim?.....

Back