A good example of why southern conservatives are not trusted.

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
To them poor people are stray animals that shouldn't be fed.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/breaking/story/1199662.html

His correlation of the low test scores of schools where the most students receive free or reduced price lunches is particularly aggregeous, not to mention just plain factually wrong and heartless. I wonder if he stopped to consider that the poor have less access to educational resources and that could just possibly be the reason for those low test scores and when you also consider that in South Carolina the vast majority of poor are African Americans then his comments border on the pathetically racist.

This magnifies the caution political analyst gave to Republicans after the Brown election. The American public will not stand for this kind of hateful, misanthropic reactionary behavior from conservative politicians.

His correlation of the low test scores of schools where the most students receive free or reduced price lunches is particularly aggregeous, not to mention just plain factually wrong and heartless. I wonder if he stopped to consider that the poor have less access to educational resources and that could just possibly be the reason for those low test scores and when you also consider that in South Carolina the vast majority of poor are African Americans then his comments border on the pathetically racist.

This magnifies the caution political analyst gave to Republicans after the Brown election. The American public will not stand for this kind of hateful, misanthropic reactionary behavior from conservative politicians.

It is factually wrong to say that the lowest test scores come from those who receive government aid for lunch? Is there some study out there that supports that?

Just one more example of that good ol' right wing, Christian, help the less fortunate, compassionate Conservative philosophy. Force women to bear children but don't feed the little buggers.

there were a lot of good things in his comments.....why do you ignore those and publicize the worst?.....

So how do you fix it? Well, you say, ‘Look, if you receive goods or services from the government, then you owe something back.'”

Bauer said during the speech that there are no “repercussions” from accepting government assistance.

“We don't make you take a drug test. We ought to. We don't even make you show up to your child's parent-teacher conference meeting or to the PTA meeting,” Bauer said.

“You go to a school where there's an active participation of parents and guess what? They have the highest test scores. So what do you do? You say, ‘Look folks, if you receive goods or services from the government and you don't attend a parent-teacher conference, bam, you lose your benefits.' We're going to have to do things like that. We can't afford to keep just giving money away.”

on the one hand you have a conservative who wants to break the cycle of poverty, on the other hand you have liberals who maintain the status quo because it isn't PC to look at the issues........I'll vote for that conservative anyday......

He doesnt want to break the cycle.

He wants to rant about how much better he is than them.

If he had to go meet them and hear their stories about Why they are where they are then he could learn enough to break the cycle.

Its a typical knee jerk reaction to the situation from someone that has never bothered to truely investigate the problem from the ground up.

If he had to go meet them and hear their stories about Why they are where they are then he could learn enough to break the cycle.

Its a typical knee jerk reaction to the situation from someone that has never bothered to truely investigate the problem from the ground up.

lol, talk about "knee jerk reaction".....

I have to agree with you Desh. He'd rather cast stones then solve problems.

It is factually wrong to say that the lowest test scores come from those who receive government aid for lunch? Is there some study out there that supports that?
No. It's factually wrong to assume that free lunches are the cause of those low test scores. If anything studies have shown that in poorer communities these kind of programs improve test scores. When kids are fed, they can concentrate on their studies better. I think it would be fairly safe to assume that in these schools with high numbers of poor students that if these lunch programs were eliminated the test scores would drop even lower.

I mean this guy is just a heartless asshole. He say's he's not comparing people to animals and he's lying out the side of his face. That's exactly what he is doing. He's calling these people animals.

Oh don't forget the covert racism of his comments. In South Carolina, when the Brown vs. Board of Education decision was finally enforced in that State, in the 1970's, they cut their nose off to spite their face. Rather then integrate any white family with any financial means sent their children to private schools. They then fought funding public education by tooth, claw and nail and still do. The end result is that the public schools in South Carolina are some of the worst in the nation and are attended predominantly by blacks and those who are to poor to send their kids to private schools. I've spent enough time in South Carolina to know there's no way in hell I'd send my kid to one of their public schools. Thank God North Carolina didn't act as irrationally as South Carolina did and bit the bullet on integration and finally accepted it in the 70's when the courts enforce it and thus preserved the high quality of their public education. South Carolina's public education is 180 degrees the opposite of North Carolina's public education. They blow chunks big time.

So don't be niave and discount the underlying racism of his comments.

Last edited:
No. It's factually wrong to assume that free lunches are the cause of those low test scores. If anything studies have shown that in poorer communities these kind of programs improve test scores. When kids are fed, they can concentrate on their studies better. I think it would be fairly safe to assume that in these schools with high numbers of poor students that if these lunch programs were eliminated the test scores would drop even lower.

I mean this guy is just a heartless asshole. He say's he's not comparing people to animals and he's lying out the side of his face. That's exactly what he is doing. He's calling these people animals.

You said those receiving free lunch don't have the lowest test scores. I'm asking where you got that info?

Oh don't forget the covert racism of his comments. In South Carolina, when the Brown vs. Board of Education decision was finally enforced in that State, in the 1970's, they cut their nose off to spite their face. Rather then integrate any white family with any financial means sent their children to private schools. They then fought funding public education by tooth, claw and nail and still do. The end result is that the public schools in South Carolina are some of the worst in the nation and are attended predominantly by blacks and those who are to poor to send their kids to private schools. I've spent enough time in South Carolina to know there's no way in hell I'd send my kid to one of their public schools. Thank God North Carolina didn't act as irrationally as South Carolina did and bit the bullet on integration and finally accepted it in the 70's when the courts enforce it and thus preserved the high quality of their public education. South Carolina's public education is 180 degrees the opposite of North Carolina's public education. They blow chunks big time.

Exactly why we need school choice and a change in our public education system. Not more of the same and we need more money.

I'll tell you what's fucking racist. People who bitch about education and then won't do shit to help change it because change might mean less power for teachers unions or competition in school would be so bad. That's fucking racist.

That's fucking liberal racism and why liberals should not be trusted.

You said those receiving free lunch don't have the lowest test scores. I'm asking where you got that info?
I didn't say that at all. I said he was factually wrong in making the correlation that free lunches was the "cause" of the low test scores. Try reading what was written Wacko! :pke:

Exactly why we need school choice and a change in our public education system. Not more of the same and we need more money.
Bull shit. Why the hell should I subsidize your kids private education? If you want to send your kids to a private school then pony up the money and quit your whining.

I'll tell you what's fucking racist. People who bitch about education and then won't do shit to help change it because change might mean less power for teachers unions or competition in school would be so bad. That's fucking racist.

That's fucking liberal racism and why liberals should not be trusted.
Who you trying to kid? You want to send your kids to a private school, that can discriminate who they will accept and you want to do it on my dime. That's not only racist it's free loading. Don't try to pin that off on some "Liberal" conspiracy you cheap racist bastard! :pke:

Bull shit. Why the hell should I subsidize your kids private education? If you want to send your kids to a private school then pony up the money and quit your whining.

you are prepared to subsidize education......what difference does it make to you where it is obtained?......I would have expected you to be pro-"choice"........

Back