A good example of why southern conservatives are not trusted.

To them poor people are stray animals that shouldn't be fed.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/breaking/story/1199662.html

His correlation of the low test scores of schools where the most students receive free or reduced price lunches is particularly aggregeous, not to mention just plain factually wrong and heartless. I wonder if he stopped to consider that the poor have less access to educational resources and that could just possibly be the reason for those low test scores and when you also consider that in South Carolina the vast majority of poor are African Americans then his comments border on the pathetically racist.

This magnifies the caution political analyst gave to Republicans after the Brown election. The American public will not stand for this kind of hateful, misanthropic reactionary behavior from conservative politicians.

The fact is Mott, that when you subsidize something you get more of it, and that includes the poor. So it's really bleeding heart liberals like you who are to blame for the majority of poor folk. Then you want to use my money to "fix" the problem, not your own.

The average cost of private education for primary and secondary schools ranges between 25-45 hundred dollars a year. There are exclusive schools that are cost prohibitive, but they are not the average private school nor do they provide for a better education necessarily.

You publish numbers from a DECADE ago, and don't expect to get called on it?

Those numbers you posted were from 2000, and I bet EVEN YOU would have a hard time trying to convince anyone that the price of a private education hasn't gone up one dime in that time.

Come back with some accurate figures and we'll talk some more...

What do we have now? Want to come check out my local school systems in Oakland or San Francisco?

The idea behind school choice and vouchers is not to benefit financially those who don't need it. It is to benefit those who have no other options. And its not about sending everyone to private schools. It's about making the overall education system better and more competitive.

Alrightie then. Let's cut 50% from the budget for education and give it to people to send their kids to private schools.

Now...what happens to those who can't afford private schools and who have to go to a public school operating on a budget of 50% of what they had...

What happens to them? Would it better or worse for them than what they have now?

Alrightie then. Let's cut 50% from the budget for education and give it to people to send their kids to private schools.

Now...what happens to those who can't afford private schools and who have to go to a public school operating on a budget of 50% of what they had...

What happens to them? Would it better or worse for them than what they have now?

Again, it's not just about trying to send kids to private school. For example one good thing that is occuring is more charter schools are coming on line. Those schools have a little more autonomy than regular public schools. Zap, it's about providing options and alternatives and not having public schools be a complete monopoly where there is no incentive for them to change and improve.

Your example above wouldn't happen but sadly I'd almost answer it by saying that would be a good thing because at least half the kids would have a chance at success instead of almost none of them like now.

Again, it's not just about trying to send kids to private school. For example one good thing that is occuring is more charter schools are coming on line. Those schools have a little more autonomy than regular public schools. Zap, it's about providing options and alternatives and not having public schools be a complete monopoly where there is no incentive for them to change and improve.

Your example above wouldn't happen but sadly I'd almost answer it by saying that would be a good thing because at least half the kids would have a chance at success instead of almost none of them like now.

Charter schools?

We get them here in Houston. They are just as likely to be filled with corruption and fraud as any "public school", some even moreso because they ARE autonomous.

I support vouchers. I've always supported vouchers.

You could say what Mott said about subsidizing private schools about public schools as well. People should just send their kids to the best school around, public or private. As long as it doesn't teach creationism.

The fact is Mott, that when you subsidize something you get more of it, and that includes the poor. So it's really bleeding heart liberals like you who are to blame for the majority of poor folk. Then you want to use my money to "fix" the problem, not your own.
Well I guess if you view poor people as animals that's not an inappropriate point of view.

You publish numbers from a DECADE ago, and don't expect to get called on it?

Those numbers you posted were from 2000, and I bet EVEN YOU would have a hard time trying to convince anyone that the price of a private education hasn't gone up one dime in that time.

Come back with some accurate figures and we'll talk some more...

Go find your own fucking numbers that contradict them! I happen to know what the average cost is and my numbers stand asshole. BTW I say this with all the compassion I can muster when responding to such a bloviating hypocrite such as your self :)

Charter schools?

We get them here in Houston. They are just as likely to be filled with corruption and fraud as any "public school", some even moreso because they ARE autonomous.

You're so FOS! Charter schools receiving public funding are subject to the same regulations as other "public" schools...wbtw Charter schools ARE also public schools using unique models.

Go find your own fucking numbers that contradict them! I happen to know what the average cost is and my numbers stand asshole. BTW I say this with all the compassion I can muster when responding to such a bloviating hypocrite such as your self :)

So you admit your numbers are a decade old, but refuse to come up with any proof that they are still accurate.

We understand...you don't do proof.

So you admit your numbers are a decade old, but refuse to come up with any proof that they are still accurate.

We understand...you don't do proof.

No, what everyone reading this can understand is that you are unable to show how these numbers are no longer relevent. Why can't you? <rhetorical question> Instead of acknowledging that they are, you attempt to try and make me prove they are current. I gave a source fatso. You on the other hand cannot give a source which contradicts them...making you the one without facts.

As usual fatty you only have last night's midnight snack on your chin and nothing more.

Last edited:
No, what everyone reading this can understand is that you are unable to show how these numbers are no longer relevent. Why can't you? <rhetocical question> Instead of acknowledging that they are you attempt to try and make me prove they are current. I gave a source fatso. You on the other hand cannot give a source which contradicts them...making you the one without facts.

As usual fatty you only have last night's midnight snack on your chin and nothing more.

How do I prove those numbers are no longer relevant?

By pointing out they are TEN YEARS OLD.

Are you REALLY going to try and pretend that no private school in AMERICA raised it's tuition in the past decade?

Actually you are an incredible moron, so yeah, I bet you might do just that.

How do I prove those numbers are no longer relevant?

By pointing out they are TEN YEARS OLD.

Are you REALLY going to try and pretend that no private school in AMERICA raised it's tuition in the past decade?

Actually you are an incredible moron, so yeah, I bet you might do just that.

By pointing out that they are 10 years old without any proof that those numbers ...remember here fatty that these are averages, have changed, leaves them very relevent.

Here's what I also know fatty...you have searched and searched and can't find more recent numbers. The reason again of course is because they are the only numbers. The facts in the debate are the numbers I provided while once again your facts are just hot putrid gas-bag air as per usual.

By pointing out that they are 10 years old without any proof that those numbers ...remember here fatty that these are averages, have changed, leaves them very relevent.

Here's what I also know fatty...you have searched and searched and can't find more recent numbers. The reason again of course is because they are the only numbers. The facts in the debate are the numbers I provided while once again your facts are just hot putrid gas-bag air as per usual.

I'd like to set up an introduction of sorts should Zapless decide to move to Montana. I know several guys there that would consider it a personal favor to show him the lay of the land...

:cool:

Back