A Guide to Finding Faith

I think that kind of moral relativism is a perfectly acceptable form of the philosophy of ethics.

But I tend to come down more on the side of Socrates and Plato in that there is a kind of truth underlying natural law and universal truths, and less on the side of Protagoras who famously said 'Man is the measure of all things'

PS. Again, there are absolutes as seen in physics and then there's the human generated, difficult-to-measure beliefs and emotions.

Offhand, one test of love is to put someone's love in danger. Does a person who freezes in fear, or runs, love their lover more or less than one who risked their life to save a loved one?

Can religion strengthen democracy?

The forces contesting this more liberal approach, however, are gaining traction. In the case of Catholics, a significant number of intellectuals are turning away from Vatican II’s spirit with calls for an embrace of pre-Enlightenment thinking. And many rank-and-file conservative Christians have come to see their faith as a form of identity threatened by the forces of secularism and diversity. This accounts for their embrace of Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/08/25/can-religion-strengthen-democracy/

PS. Again, there are absolutes as seen in physics and then there's the human generated, difficult-to-measure beliefs and emotions.

Offhand, one test of love is to put someone's love in danger. Does a person who freezes in fear, or runs, love their lover more or less than one who risked their life to save a loved one?

Physics is a set of falsifiable theories. What absolutes are you referring to?

$1000 says you can’t step off a 10 story ledge and fly so you can falsify the theory of gravity.

Please have someone post it on YouTube for verification.

There is no theory of gravity. Gravity is simply a force. One of several.

It’s worth $1000 to me to see you falsify gravity off a 10 story building.

Please wear a GoPro when you do along with having a friend record the “flight” from the ground. I’d pay $2000 to have exclusive rights to both videos.

If you complete the task, I guarantee you will be absolutely thrilled by the results or I’ll pay double.

Please wear a GoPro when you do along with having a friend record the “flight” from the ground. I’d pay $2000 to have exclusive rights to both videos.

If you complete the task, I guarantee you will be absolutely thrilled by the results or I’ll pay double.

This clown is on the delusional side, this is what happens when he puts a bottle of Jack Daniel away.

This clown is on the delusional side, this is what happens when he puts a bottle of Jack Daniel away.

Sybil? I think his problem isn’t alcohol. He’s intelligent but warped with, IMO, paranoid schizophrenia. Something is seriously out of whack with him.

Click on his signature and stroll around his “forum” a little bit to see what I mean. It’s like looking at the inside of his mind.

Sybil? I think his problem isn’t alcohol. He’s intelligent but warped with, IMO, paranoid schizophrenia. Something is seriously out of whack with him.

Click on his signature and stroll around his “forum” a little bit to see what I mean. It’s like looking at the inside of his mind.

Psychoquackery.

Try rereading my post, Sybil. I answered your questions there.

Okay, $3000 but I want exclusive rights to the GoPro video you’d be wearing and the one from your partner on the ground.

Try rereading my post, Sybil. I answered your questions there.

Okay, $3000 but I want exclusive rights to the GoPro video you’d be wearing and the one from your partner on the ground.

Soooo….besides being a paranoid schizophrenic, you also have a reading disorder, Sybil. Scroll up for your answer.

The $3000 offer stands.

Soooo….besides being a paranoid schizophrenic, you also have a reading disorder, Sybil. Scroll up for your answer.

The $3000 offer stands.

Inversion fallacy. There is no theory of gravity. Gravity is simply a force. One of several.

Inversion fallacy. There is no theory of gravity. Gravity is simply a force. One of several.

That you are absolutely crazy but not absolutely crazy enough to take me upon my $3000 offer, Sybil.

Who or what is God?

To Matt? This guy:

Screen%20Shot%202017-06-02%20at%206.57.38%20AM.png

Back