A list of false teachings in the Roman Catholic Church.

Wow...lots of Catholics here.

How many of you have ever been in St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican?

As an adult, I served Mass in St. Peter's...in the Vatican.

The old Latin rite that so vexes some of these Catholic haters was quite beautiful. I was told my Latin was extraordinary...with outstanding enunciation and inflection.

I've been agnostic for over 50 years now...but that moment, back in 1956, remains one of my favorite memories. I also attended a general audience with Pius XII at Castel Gandolfo.

especially if you are a Kuyperian Calvinist.......

drinking rum punch to the glory of God.......

It's a good think that Christ was born into a part of the world where people drank wine instead of beer or rum. Imagine how uncivilized the Christian religion would be if we had to consecrate and consume rum during worship?

It's a good think that Christ was born into a part of the world where people drank wine instead of beer or rum. Imagine how uncivilized the Christian religion would be if we had to consecrate and consume rum during worship?

Too bad. Bet they wouldn't be losing adherents like they are now. lol

The old Latin rite that so vexes some of these Catholic haters was quite beautiful. I was told my Latin was extraordinary...with outstanding enunciation and inflection.

I've been agnostic for over 50 years now...but that moment, back in 1956, remains one of my favorite memories. I also attended a general audience with Pius XII at Castel Gandolfo.

The vatican is beautiful as is the ceremonie ie the mass , even though as a non christian i reject the premise and the magical thinking

The protestant fundies on the other hand are whacked out lunatics by comparison, with their rolling around on the floor talking in "tongues" etc , literally thinking their bible is true , real lower IQ stuff

The vatican is beautiful as is the ceremonie ie the mass , even though as a non christian i reject the premise and the magical thinking

The protestant fundies on the other hand are whacked out lunatics by comparison, with their rolling around on the floor talking in "tongues" etc , literally thinking their bible is true , real lower IQ stuff

I get where you are coming from, Guno.

As an agnostic...I certainly question the "belief" aspect.

As for the liturgy and other ceremonies, rites, and rituals...I get where they are coming from also...and acknowledge aspects of their usefulness.

Existence...being...are difficult things to contemplate. The world...is a great mystery...and the process of evolution from non-thinking to thinking almost necessitates considerations about "what else is there?" And the move from that to "Do we owe that 'what else''anything?"...or "What pleases or offends that 'what else'?"...is a very short distance.

Flowers in a woman's hair...neckties around a man's neck...a neat lawn...make no real sense. They just provide some sort of comfort during this trip through life. And if it works for an individual...so be it.

Just sayin'!

Acts doesn't call him a pope either.......

Pope means Father. As the Bishop of Rome is the head of the church.. Mark accompanied Peter to Rome where there was already a large Jewish community and stayed with him while he was in prison there. Peter didn't stay in Jerusalem.

Protestants reject that.

/shrugs....we already use grape juice out of consideration of recovering alcoholics.......

That is awesome, Frank. You must have some great experiences to talk about.

I've been to the Basilica and touched what was left of St. Peter's foot.

Back