A little factual history

That is your words, not mine. I know that in Washington's day, we were fortunate to be able to field an army of any kind, we certainly were not able to go marching around the world instilling democracy and liberty! Perhaps the mere logistics of trying to fight a war across an ocean in the 1700s, was a bit too daunting for even Washington? Sometimes your principles have to take a back seat to practicality, and that was the case then.

1) Might does not make right.
2) The French wound up getting pissed at us, and somehow we were able to wage a successful, undeclared, naval campaign against them called the Quasi War. Back then, FYI, it was harder for us to muster a successful navy than army.

My point is, our founding principle... you either believe it, or you don't believe it. There is NOT a gray area! We either believe every human is endowed by their Creator, certain inalienable rights, or we don't believe that! If we DO believe it, we have an obligation to support and encourage it, wherever it is desired, and if we have the capacity and wherewithal, we should help lead the fight for it! That is what you do when you truly believe in your principles. Your problem is, you DON'T believe in that principle at all! You believe our rights are OURS and OURS alone, and anyone else who wants them, should have to fight for them, because they aren't "endowed" with them, they are "earned" by fighting tyrants! This contradicts our founding principles.

Nowhere in the Declaration, or in the writings of the Founders, nor in the actions of the Founders, and the writings and actions of more than 100 years of Americans thereafter, is it indicated that we are obliged to spread our freedoms and form of government beyond our borders.

For you to suggest otherwise is untrue as well as evil.

Back