a monopoly on force

Why do you think I want a smaller military presence in the US? I think our military is far too big and far too powerful and does have the monopoly on violence.

We would be under armed, but just like in Afghanistan and the Taliban, just like the Iraqis in Iraq.

Again, I've never lacked balls, nor walked away from a fight. I have the broken nose and knuckle scars to prove it.

Lemme see, my closest neighbors, are: a banker, a realtor, a tax accountant lecturer, a wealthy retired couple, an engineer, a doctor, owner of a health care business, a factory manager, a lawyer, a school principle, a county judge, owners of a retail store, a wealth manager, ... Nope, no rednecks. Heck we don't even allow livestock or RVs in the 'hood.

Sorry, you're wrong again. *shrug*

So you claim you never walked away from a fight. This means what?

I am calling you on your bullshit about poking fun at someone else's military service when you didn't have the balls to sign-up and serve.

Did I mention your neighborhood? I believe I used "NC" in my statement just as you used Alabama. And yes there are rednecks in Alabama. Just as there are rednecks in North Carolina.

My neighbors are University professors and wealthy retired people. But that does not change the fact that there are rednecks in Alabama.

My neighbors are all crack whores and car thieves.

I'll tell ya, it makes for some interesting over-the-fence conversations!

Come on AHZ, the Queen, eh? You would though, i can tell that you would, you dirty dog.

She's on all the banknotes as well so it's literally anytime, anyplace, anywhere.

Margaret is more Ass's type, neigh....

Jeez, what a scary thought, then people like you dicks would lead? Bunch of mean ass mother fuckers. I don't think I would like it too much, so it wouldn't be freedom to me with you in charge. You take away people's freedom right here on this forum in your posts about their being inferior to you, can you imagine you in charge? Executions on a daily basis because you didn't like the way someone thought?
Nutcracker

Jeez, what a scary thought, then people like you dicks would lead? Bunch of mean ass mother fuckers. I don't think I would like it too much, so it wouldn't be freedom to me with you in charge. You take away people's freedom right here on this forum in your posts about their being inferior to you, can you imagine you in charge? Executions on a daily basis because you didn't like the way someone thought?
Nutcracker

To whom are you replying?

Funny, my husband a "real man" once told my sons that it takes a bigger man to walk away from a fight...make love, not war!

Funny, my husband a "real man" once told my sons that it takes a bigger man to walk away from a fight...make love, not war!

How true. Wisdom is the key. Know when to hold em and when to fold em.
Peer pressure is a heller on the immature though.

There are places and subcultures in these United States where walking away from a fight means a 75% chance of getting a knife in your back - or pack-attacked as a coward where a one-on-one fight would have been respected.

Certainly refraining from fighting "just because you can" is a good philosophy. But true wisdom also recognizes that "make love, not war" cannot work in all circumstances. Take it too far and it only serves to empower those who would harm others just for shits and grins.

But what does that have to do with whether the people should retain the right to arms of similar ability as is available to the government?

So you claim you never walked away from a fight. This means what?

I am calling you on your bullshit about poking fun at someone else's military service when you didn't have the balls to sign-up and serve.
Again, this is a complete misrepresentation of my previous statements on this subject.

There are places and subcultures in these United States where walking away from a fight means a 75% chance of getting a knife in your back - or pack-attacked as a coward where a one-on-one fight would have been respected.

Certainly refraining from fighting "just because you can" is a good philosophy. But true wisdom also recognizes that "make love, not war" cannot work in all circumstances. Take it too far and it only serves to empower those who would harm others just for shits and grins.

But what does that have to do with whether the people should retain the right to arms of similar ability as is available to the government?

Places like where I grew up, metro Boston. If you ignored a challenge it would only get bigger, and you'd be facing a gang instead on an individual.

We had to read a book in junior high called "Black Like Me", where a white dude dies his skin, shaves his head and hands and ventures to experience life as a black man. In one scene two guys harass him, so he ducks into a dark alley, then tells them to come on in so he can use his brass knuckles on him. Faced with a fair fight, bullies back off. I've used that technique several times and always succeeded.

When faced against a gang, understand how they work. The biggest guy is the leader, and there's always a little one with a big mouth to entice you to fight. So ignore the loud mouth and go after the leader. His underlings will welcome the challenge to they guy that bullies them, and if you can kick his ass, they will respect you.

Back