A Note About Our Freedom

Minister of Truth

Practically Perfect
I notice that there never seems to be a short supply of threads around here, either taunting or probing, is the end near - are your rights threatened?

I think this is a good time to note that Real Whig Ideology, which influenced the Glorious Revolution, was a major belief if the Founding generation. According to them, liberty is precious, and rare (many thought being English made it a rare privilege), and always under threat. As such, if you take any given liberty, you can be assured that someone is trying to relieve you of it 24/7. Though the enemy may be small and powerless, it represents a future threat if left unchecked.

Hope you all are enjoying the Olympics!!

:shots:

I notice that there never seems to be a short supply of threads around here, either taunting or probing, is the end near - are your rights threatened?

I think this is a good time to note that Real Whig Ideology, which influenced the Glorious Revolution, was a major belief if the Founding generation. According to them, liberty is precious, and rare (many thought being English made it a rare privilege), and always under threat. As such, if you take any given liberty, you can be assured that someone is trying to relieve you of it 24/7. Though the enemy may be small and powerless, it represents a future threat if left unchecked.

Care to be a guest writer for GBF?

Do your schools teach you to obsess about freedom?

Ironic that our 'freedoms' were used against us by the perpetrators of the WTC attacks.

Yeah, how shocking that I would defend the idea of someone succeeding.

Yeah, at the expense of thousands of livelihoods. That's 'success' a la unbridled capitalism on steroids. Outsourcing. Race-to-the-bottom. Mergers. Mass layoffs. How shocking indeed.

Yeah, at the expense of thousands of livelihoods. That's 'success' a la unbridled capitalism on steroids. Outsourcing. Race-to-the-bottom. Mergers. Mass layoffs. How shocking indeed.

Went to see the new Batman movie this weekend.
Your post is so similar to Bane's speech, that you are now Bane.

Uh huh ok. When you calm down and are ready for an adult conversation, let me know.

Uh huh ok. When you calm down and are ready for an adult conversation, let me know.

I'm perfectly calm. What's to discuss? Your answer to the problems created by a love of money is to defend it with idiocy about 'embracing poverty'. That's asinine. There's nothing to discuss. That doesn't mean I'm not calm. I'm simply not interested. There's a difference. Learn it.

I'm perfectly calm. What's to discuss? Your answer to the problems created by a love of money is to defend it with idiocy about 'embracing poverty'. That's asinine. There's nothing to discuss. That doesn't mean I'm not calm. I'm simply not interested. There's a difference. Learn it.

Deep breaths might help. Or try counting to 10 if you like.

Yes Bane, money is the root of all that's evil.

OH-WAIT, I forgot that you're a liar.

Deep breaths might help. Or try counting to 10 if you like.

Grow up. You're not helping things around here. People are leaving. Did you notice? Of course you didn't.

There's a difference between debate and just being a DICK - another thing for you to learn.

Grow up. You're not helping things around here. People are leaving. Did you notice? Of course you didn't.

There's a difference between debate and just being a DICK - another thing for you to learn.

So you admit that you're just being a dick.

Back