A Reminder For The Coming New Year

I see you want a country full of junkies and losers. Not realizing the effects the actual drugs have on the human body.

Over my years working, I've known several people who have lost their jobs due to drugs.
Not because they were caught; but because of things they did, while on drugs.
One guy cut all the fingers off of his left hand with a table saw and he WAS left handed.
One guy walked off of catwalk and fell about 20 feet, onto the concrete, and ruined his back to the point where he couldn't work anymore.
One guy would have epileptic seizures after smoking weed. It got so bad that he had to be let go; not because of the smoking, but because his seizures made it to dangerous for him to be around the equipment.

Last edited:
Well All I can tell you is that when prohibition of alcohol was repealed, some of the bootleggers became like Budweiser, and other brand name alcohol manufactures and the organized criminals like Al Capone and his ilk got out of the booze business, bathtub gin disappeared and regulated industry made safer alcohol products the criminals went into the illegal drug business. States came up with their own regulation systems and found a bonanza in taxes and as far as I know there's no evidence that an elevated percentage of alcoholics among the population was ever noticed. It's still illegal to make and sell alcohol now without a license. You'll be fined and or go to jail if you're caught at it.

In short, the Constitution awards the authority of what citizens can and cannot put into their own bodies to the States short of total prohibition. They can't prohibit it, but they can regulate and tax it.

Alcohol can be bad for some individuals but something like meth is bad for everyone. Heroin, even though it's highly addictive isn't quite so bad and it would help greatly if its production was regulated, since so many addicts overdose on it. Pot is a joke compared to the hard drugs.

What would happen is the costs would go up for the hard drugs if they became legal so the black market wouldn't go away. And that would be exacerbated by the fact drug addiction is absolutely debilitating: these people can't work and live day to day trying to get their next high. Consequently, they won't be able to afford the inevitable taxes that would be placed on their drugs by legal producers.

But there's always the black market.

So while your solution passes the constitutional purity test, it's really not much of a solution.

I think hard drugs should be kept illegal and the suppliers should be locked up in prison. And the penalty for hard drug use should be a mandatory year in rehab.

Over my years working, I've known several people who have lost their jobs due to drugs.
Not because they were caught; but because of things they did, while on drugs.
One guy cut all the fingers off of his left hand with a table saw and he WAS left handed.
One guy walked off of catwalk and fell about 20 feet, onto the concrete, and ruined his back to the point where he couldn't work anymore.
One guy would have epileptic seizures after smoking weed. It got so bad that he had to be let go; not because of the smoking, but because his seizures made it to dangerous for him to be around the equipment.

Gee, and street drugs are illegal. How'd it ever happen?

Alcohol can be bad for some individuals but something like meth is bad for everyone. Heroin, even though it's highly addictive isn't quite so bad and it would help greatly if its production was regulated, since so many addicts overdose on it. Pot is a joke compared to the hard drugs.

Ending the Drug War isn’t a guarantee that it would end drug usage and addiction. It’s a guarantee that America, the alleged “Free Country,” stops locking up non-violent citizens for deciding for themselves what they will or will not put into their own bodies. The Drug War is a constitutional violation because it locks up non-violent citizens who’s addiction/drug use violates nobody’s rights of life liberty or property.

Ending the Drug War ends the absurdity of spending taxpayer’s money in the billions of dollars that prevents nobody from using drugs that decides to use them, i.e. the Drug War is an expensive failure and a violation of individual liberty. Government at the State level would be better off spending for drug rehabilitation than jails.

What would happen is the costs would go up for the hard drugs if they became legal so the black market wouldn't go away. And that would be exacerbated by the fact drug addiction is absolutely debilitating: these people can't work and live day to day trying to get their next high. Consequently, they won't be able to afford the inevitable taxes that would be placed on their drugs by legal producers.

But there's always the black market.

The only reason street drugs cost as much as they do now is because they’re “illegal.” Their base ingredients are basically inexspencive. Decriminalization would actually make them cheaper because supply competition would be greater over time and the cost would only become higher if government placed outragious taxes on them like they have tobacco products that have created a black market in tobacco products.

Decriminalization takes the tax-free profits away from the criminal and terrorist types and ends the illegal drug turf violence and extremely lowers America’s gun crime statistics.

So while your solution passes the constitutional purity test, it's really not much of a solution.

I disagree. Constitutionality is always the best solution.

It ends the tax-free high profit market for criminals and terrorist. It ends corrupting police and politicians. It ends locking up non-violent citizens. It unclogs our judicial system. It ends illegal drug violence along our borders and in our streets. It ends the raping of the taxpayers for an insane failed, BIG authoritarian government, unconstitutional system.

I think hard drugs should be kept illegal and the suppliers should be locked up in prison. And the penalty for hard drug use should be a mandatory year in rehab.

While that may be a rational answer for non-violent drug users, it does nothing to solve the tax-free high profit market for criminals and terrorist, the corrupting of police and politicians, unclogging of our judicial system, ending illegal drug violence along our borders and in our streets, or the raping of the taxpayers for an insane failed, BIG authoritarian government, unconstitutional system.

The only reason street drugs cost as much as they do now is because they’re “illegal.” Their base ingredients are basically inexspencive. Decriminalization would actually make them cheaper because supply competition would be greater over time and the cost would only become higher if government placed outragious taxes on them like they have tobacco products that have created a black market in tobacco products.

Decriminalization takes the tax-free profits away from the criminal and terrorist types and ends the illegal drug turf violence and extremely lowers America’s gun crime statistics.

It ends the tax-free high profit market for criminals and terrorist. It ends corrupting police and politicians. It ends locking up non-violent citizens. It unclogs our judicial system. It ends illegal drug violence along our borders and in our streets. It ends the raping of the taxpayers for an insane failed, BIG authoritarian government, unconstitutional system.

While that may be a rational answer for non-violent drug users, it does nothing to solve the tax-free high profit market for criminals and terrorist, the corrupting of police and politicians, unclogging of our judicial system, ending illegal drug violence along our borders and in our streets, or the raping of the taxpayers for an insane failed, BIG authoritarian government, unconstitutional system.
So now your solution is to flood the ERs with even more loser junkies who have greater access to these poisons.

The black market is still subject to marketing principles. When legal drug producers enter the market, the black market suppliers will just undercut them because the latter group won't need to figure taxes into their operating model.

Drug addicts are poor, almost by definition so they are going to buy the cheaper product. I suppose the government could subsidize the legal suppliers so they can compete with the black market, but that probably won't pass the constitutional purity test.

It all sounds rather hopeless.

Robo said:

I won't argue that taxing hard drugs would fill the government coffers. Not sure what that would solve because they'll just spend it on something stupid. Meanwhile, society is left with millions of addicts. They legalized gambling in many states in order to raise taxes. Yippee, now what about all the gambling and gaming addicts that it produced?

Robo said:

I agree, but what comprises 'constitutionality' is debatable. It's why we have a Supreme Court lol.

Robo said:

I don't care about the taxes. Politicians have a seemingly infinite number of ways to raise taxes. I'd prefer they do it in some other way than legalizing hard drugs.

I like my idea better. There's no good reason for jailing drug addicts. It's costly and over crowds jails and prisons. For the same cost, they can be placed into rehab for 12 months. It would create an immediate demand for drug rehabilitation centers and create private sector jobs.

I think we both agree that creating jobs is the best way to increase government revenue.

The black market is still subject to marketing principles. When legal drug producers enter the market, the black market suppliers will just undercut them because the latter group won't need to figure taxes into their operating model.

Drug addicts are poor, almost by definition so they are going to buy the cheaper product. I suppose the government could subsidize the legal suppliers so they can compete with the black market, but that probably won't pass the constitutional purity test.

It all sounds rather hopeless.

I disagree with your proposition.

If your proposal has any merit, I’ll look forward to your explanation of the near total vanishing of bootleg alcohol after the repeal of the prohibition of alcohol.

Market principles, relative to over pricing only come into play with legal products when government over regulation and or government over taxation come into play.

I won't argue that taxing hard drugs would fill the government coffers. Not sure what that would solve because they'll just spend it on something stupid.

As criminals go, I personally would rather the government crooks collect taxes on drugs than drug cartels and terrorist camps collecting high tax-free profits on drugs.

Meanwhile, society is left with millions of addicts.

Again, I’ll remind you that we already have millions of addicts and I’ve seen no evidence there would be more per-capita and even if there were more, our jails would be cleared out for real criminals to occupy, our judicial system would be unclogged, the violence in our streets and along our borders would be reduced, the billions the federal government spends on the idiot Drug War would near vanish, our cops and politicians would have to find something else to corrupt them and our Constitution would be respected relative to what an alleged “FREE” people can put into their own bodies.

Nothing can be dumber than arguments suggesting that Americans should be free to buy and use any drugs they want.

Yet, in liberal and libertarian loony land, drug addiction is good and rules controlling them bad. Yes, they really are THAT fucking dense.

Nothing can be dumber than arguments suggesting that Americans should be free to buy and use any drugs they want.

Yet, in liberal and libertarian loony land, drug addiction is good and rules controlling them bad. Yes, they really are THAT fucking dense.

typical badge blower, cop sucking, conservative statist nonsense.

I'm close to evolving on this issue due to some personal recent experiences.

I agree that putting addicts in jail is pointless. Except that it's one way to get them clean. But simply being a drug addict, in of itself, shouldn't be a crime. These people need help more than incarceration. I'm on board with that.

But dealers are another thing. Do you advocate allowing them to operate legally?

Drug addicts aren't incarcerated for their drug addictions; that's the inconvenient lie promoted by Liberal and Libertarian dumbfucks who think this nation would be better off being full of drug addicted losers leeching off of society.

Ending the Drug War isn’t a guarantee that it would end drug usage and addiction. It’s a guarantee that America, the alleged “Free Country,” stops locking up non-violent citizens for deciding for themselves what they will or will not put into their own bodies. The Drug War is a constitutional violation because it locks up non-violent citizens who’s addiction/drug use violates nobody’s rights of life liberty or property.

Ending the Drug War ends the absurdity of spending taxpayer’s money in the billions of dollars that prevents nobody from using drugs that decides to use them, i.e. the Drug War is an expensive failure and a violation of individual liberty. Government at the State level would be better off spending for drug rehabilitation than jails.

Drug addicts aren't locked up for their drug use you insufferable idiot.

this is why you can't be trusted with the freedom of the people.....because you don't trust people with freedom. you're the antithesis of the country the founders tried to create.

Another dumb, naive and idiotic comment from the dumb and naive; do you live in an enclosure insulated from reality? This notion that people can self regulate themselves and their behavior is lacking not only common sense, but anything remotely connected to reality.

Dumb.

They legalized gambling in many states in order to raise taxes. Yippee, now what about all the gambling and gaming addicts that it produced?

Where’s the evidence that any-“more” people gamble with legalized gambling than when gambling was illegal, and there are any-“more” addicted gamblers than when gambling was illegal, and by what authority does government mandate what an “ALLEGED” free people do with their own money, and who’s rights to life, liberty and property are being violated when people gamble?

Isn’t government prohibitions of what people do that violates nobody’s rights to life, liberty or property simply just more BIG intrusive authoritarian government?

Back