A simple question for the pro life

and I do have a divinity degree, Rana......and I can tell you that far more claims about Christianity raised by unbelievers are based on mistranslations than any Christian doctrine......the denials of the virginity of Mary conspicuously among them......
It must have come from the Cracker Jack box.

It's because I got you to admit you were wrong and I was right,

I was never wrong.....I did not state previously that the Bible specifically said Satan was an angel....I said that Christianity teaches that he was....and there is sufficient support in the totality of Scripture to support that doctrine......however, you attempted to claim Christianity was wrong and that you have not proved and that you are not right about.......so don't talk to me about dishonesty......

I was never wrong.....I did not state previously that the Bible specifically said Satan was an angel....I said that Christianity teaches that he was....and there is sufficient support in the totality of Scripture to support that doctrine......however, you attempted to claim Christianity was wrong and that you have not proved and that you are not right about.......so don't talk to me about dishonesty......
No, actually there isn't, it is based on mistranslations

I was never wrong.....I did not state previously that the Bible specifically said Satan was an angel....I said that Christianity teaches that he was....and there is sufficient support in the totality of Scripture to support that doctrine......

And yet you railed so hard for so long against admitting the only claim I made, that the bible does not specifically and directly tell us the nature of Satan's existence.

however, you attempted to claim Christianity was wrong and that you have not proved and that you are not right about.......so don't talk to me about dishonesty......

I claimed that people were wrong, and that Christianity bases its dogma on presumption, supposition and lack of hard fact.

I have been honest in my approach, whereas you have not.

You have attempted to prevaricate, obfuscate and deliberately misinterpret the comments that I have made. I will talk to you about dishonesty so long as you continue to engage in smokescreen tactics to hide the fact that a comment that I made was in fact true, and your eventual admission of that fact is all the proof I need of the charges of your attempt to obscure the truth.

Who told you, Stelakh? You believe that lying piece of shit?
No, I read actual scholars who read the oldest documents in the original language. Biblical criticism is a fairly new field, being you could lose your life before the 19th century for challenging scripture as was translated by the religions in power.
Discovery of old manuscripts have lead to be better understanding of the text. A lot of tenets are based on interpolations or mistranslations.

And yet you railed so hard for so long against admitting the only claim I made, that the bible does not specifically and directly tell us the nature of Satan's existence.

I claimed that people were wrong, and that Christianity bases its dogma on presumption, supposition and lack of hard fact.

I have been honest in my approach, whereas you have not.

You have attempted to prevaricate, obfuscate and deliberately misinterpret the comments that I have made. I will talk to you about dishonesty so long as you continue to engage in smokescreen tactics to hide the fact that a comment that I made was in fact true, and your eventual admission of that fact is all the proof I need of the charges of your attempt to obscure the truth.
Welcome to debating PMP, it is too bad the system corrupted or you could read some of his discussion on evolution, he does exactly what you claim in those debates as well, he's something!

My few exchanges with him leaves me to doubt what he claims about himself.

I was never wrong.....I did not state previously that the Bible specifically said Satan was an angel....

That is a lie, because you most certainly did.

I said:

Regardless of the translation, however, it separates him from angels.

To which you replied:

or identifies him specifically as one of them who was present....

And you dare to try and tell me not to talk to you about dishonesty.

You see emphasis, but you certainly have yet to see me rant.

I have nothing to convince myself of, because of course I am, as postmodernprophet has finally admitted, correct.

Have YOU prayed for guidance that will allow you to hold both truth AND faith? The two don't have to be mutually exclusive.

OH-PLEASE. :palm:
The only thing's your missing, are a sandwich board, a soap box, and a street corner; because I'm sure you already have the sackcloth and ashes.

:chesh:

Back