Abortion....According to KingRaw

firemedic227

The abortion controversy is not a debate between those who are pro-choice and those who are anti-choice. It’s not about privacy or trusting women. To the contrary, the debate turns on one key question: What is the unborn?

Do all human beings have an equal right to life or do humans come to be at one point, but only become valuable later in virtue of some acquired characteristic?

Parents should have the right to kill or not kill their babies until the day they turn 2.

They should have a chance at least until their 10. At that point you really konw if they are going to make something of themselves and be able to help you out in your older age or whether or not you should just start all over.

He's an evangelical christian who believes the same things as Bill Keller. He is suprisingly toned down in this forum.

The abortion controversy is not a debate between those who are pro-choice and those who are anti-choice. It’s not about privacy or trusting women. To the contrary, the debate turns on one key question: What is the unborn?

Do all human beings have an equal right to life or do humans come to be at one point, but only become valuable later in virtue of some acquired characteristic?
Welcome to the board firemedic227.

I consider the fetus valuable life when it's late in the pregnancy.

For some reason KingRaw here thinks that I am afraid to debate him on the abortion issue. He also thinks that because I agree with some of the things Bill Keller has to say that I am in some way a follower of Bill Keller. I don't agree with everything he has to say or the way he packages it. I also am not a "follower" of Bill. But because King has such a boner for this guy he feels that anything Keller has to say is wrong and King's opinion is right.

Anyway there King, my next question for you is why is the fetus only valuable TO YOU late in the pregnancy? That is clearly just your opinion and not the opinion of everyone but I am still curious as to how you come to that conclusion. I am going to debate this topic with you without putting my Christian beliefs into it even though I agree with how the Christians feel about it.

So again King, what is human?

am going to debate this topic with you without putting my Christian beliefs into it even though I agree with how the Christians feel about it.

Kudos for that.

You seem like a rational opponent of abortion, something we don't see a lot of.

Kudos for that.

You seem like a rational opponent of abortion, something we don't see a lot of.

Well, thanks! I doubt I will get any complements like that at all from King whether I am right or not.

Let me quote for the record....I will not personally insult King or anyone else who doesn't agree with me. Insults are only a distraction from the topic. Now there is a big difference from calling attention to one's conduct and calling someone names. Oh, and being labled as an "evangelical Christian"....that doesn't offend me at all.

I can't imagine why it should offend you, if that is what you are. It certainly wouldn't offend my mother.

For some reason KingRaw here thinks that I am afraid to debate him on the abortion issue. He also thinks that because I agree with some of the things Bill Keller has to say that I am in some way a follower of Bill Keller. I don't agree with everything he has to say or the way he packages it. I also am not a "follower" of Bill. But because King has such a boner for this guy he feels that anything Keller has to say is wrong and King's opinion is right.

Anyway there King, my next question for you is why is the fetus only valuable TO YOU late in the pregnancy? That is clearly just your opinion and not the opinion of everyone but I am still curious as to how you come to that conclusion. I am going to debate this topic with you without putting my Christian beliefs into it even though I agree with how the Christians feel about it.

A zygote is a person. Nothing else is.

I agree. The zygote is basically an embryo prior to attaching to the uterine wall. So, it is a person? I agree but how do you conclude that it is a person or human?
You should probably re-read his statement. It was made to be nonsensical.

I believe that all life has value, whether they have yet reached "person" and that it deserves every chance to survive so long as its presence does not cause harm to another life.

"Anyway there King, my next question for you is why is the fetus only valuable TO YOU late in the pregnancy? That is clearly just your opinion and not the opinion of everyone but I am still curious as to how you come to that conclusion. I am going to debate this topic with you without putting my Christian beliefs into it even though I agree with how the Christians feel about it.

So again King, what is human?"

How do I come to the conclusion that a 7-9 month old fetus is considered valuable life over a fetus younger than that? Because the fetus isn't developed enough yet at those earlier stages. I don't like abortion, but sometimes it's the most responsible thing to do. I didn't say the fetus wasn't human. I said it was a human in the earliest stages of development. It isn't as human as a new born baby until late in the pregnancy.

Back