After all the venting and stupid rants, is it time to get realistic...

Having a 'problem' and being declared 'mentally ill' is two very different things.....

I suspect you're 'mentally ill' as well as have a 'problem'.....but I can't take your guns away....

Its takes more than being a little 'off' to forfeit your rights....

Not to belittle your point......not allowing guns in the residence of mentally ill person has some merit......

And there it is...

Bravo thinks people who are 'mentally off' should still be able to wield firearms.

:rofl2:

And you wonder why you're laughed at here?

Who defines 'mentally ill' and what is it?

Should a depressed person or someone with anxiety attacks be stripped of their rights?

The right to wield firearms? Yes.

Clinical depression and anxiety disorders - and the legally-prescribed medications used to treat them - include a host of side effects including violent tendencies and suicidal behaviour.

NO GUNS IN HOMES THAT HAVE A MENTALLY ILL PERSON. With what part of that sentence are you having problems?

None at all....I said your point has some merit in the post above....

Don't know if I'd go that far, in that the place the ill person lives doesn't make him or her to owner......I'd do more for a
very secure safe to store guns or some other form of lock making them unusable by the other person....
Nothing is fool proof....even not having them there doesn't mean a nut can't get access to a gun somewhere else...they do that every day of the week.

Having a 'problem' and being declared 'mentally ill' is two very different things.....

I suspect you're 'mentally ill' as well as have a 'problem'.....but I can't take your guns away....

Not to belittle your point......not allowing guns in the residence of mentally ill person has some merit......

The mother knew he was ill. He was 20 years old and couldn't be left alone.

Don't know if I'd go that far, in that the place the ill person lives doesn't make him or her to owner......I'd do more for a
very secure safe to store guns or some other form of lock making them unusable by the other person....
Nothing is fool proof....even not having them there doesn't mean a nut can't get access to a gun somewhere else...they do that every day of the week.

Well, gee. Do you think that not allowing firearms to be in any home where a mentally ill person resides might ameliorate at least some of the gun violence we're seeing? Or is merely ameliorating some of it not good enough for you so we might as well just say 'fuck it, there's no solution'? Because that's what you idiots appear to be saying, over and over.

Clinical depression and anxiety disorders - and the legally-prescribed medications used to treat them - include a host of side effects including violent tendencies and suicidal behaviour.

Maybe we can tattoo a little star on their forehead when they start treatment to warn gun dealers not to sell them any guns......only knives.

Who defines 'mentally ill' and what is it?

Should a depressed person or someone with anxiety attacks be stripped of their rights?

The mother knew he was ill. She didn't want to commit him or find out more. Either get rid of the guns or get rid of the son. It's as simple as that.

Well, gee. Do you think that not allowing firearms to be in any home where a mentally ill person resides might ameliorate at least some of the gun violence we're seeing? Or is merely ameliorating some of it not good enough for you so we might as well just say 'fuck it, there's no solution'? Because that's what you idiots appear to be saying, over and over.

Why not just re-read my post for the answer so I don't have to re-type it .....

Maybe we can tattoo a little star on their forehead when they start treatment to warn gun dealers not to sell them any guns......only knives.

Oh, right. You're so concerned about having a serious discussion and this is your way of conducting one.

Idiot.

Don't worry, Bravo. You can probably have a family member hide all your guns when it's discovered that you're going to be one of those tattoo recipients.

Oh, right. You're so concerned about having a serious discussion and this is your way of conducting one.

Idiot.

Don't worry, Bravo. You can probably have a family member hide all your guns when it's discovered that you're going to be one of those tattoo recipients.

The facetious post was to emphasize, a nut can get a gun in many places besides a legal dealer.....enough money will get you just about anything....
thats my point.

The facetious post was to emphasize, a nut can get a gun in many places besides a legal dealer.....enough money will get you just about anything....
thats my point.

No, your point is to find ways to make any proposed solutions appear futile. There will never be 100% eradication of nutballs getting guns and shooting people. Progress is the goal; perfection is unattainable. You nutjobs who can't envision life without your beloved firearms continue to keep trying to stupidly frame every proposed solution as hopeless because it isn't 'foolproof'. You're an idiot if you think that ploy isn't pathetically transparent.

You're living proof that even pc's aren't foolproof....nothing is....

Saves me a lot of re-typing....

Who should determine who is 'mentally ill'' and who isn't?

No, your point is to find ways to make any proposed solutions appear futile. There will never be 100% eradication of nutballs getting guns and shooting people. Progress is the goal; perfection is unattainable. You nutjobs who can't envision life without your beloved firearms continue to keep trying to stupidly frame every proposed solution as hopeless because it isn't 'foolproof'. You're an idiot if you think that ploy isn't pathetically transparent.

Its not entirely futile.....it may actually work in some limited number of cases depending on the severity of the mental illness.....
Personally I think all mass murderers are insane in one way or another....I'm not the legal expert but there is a shit load of them in jail that will get out and kill all over again.

The CT killer was very smart, way above and beyond Bijou, for example, and was probably smart enough to get a gun on the streets....he was smart enough to try a
legal dealer but was foiled there....where there's a will there is a way......too bad Mommy didn't get committed long ago....

And this entire thread has nothing to do with legally owning guns by anyone else, so I don't know wtf Bigjaw is ranting about beloved firearms and such....

Back