A'ight... Here's the News of the Site...

Damocles said:
It's definitely my favorite. The calmer colors help my eyes...
Calmer? Those colors hurt your eyes less? I think you must see in a different part of the spectrum than I do.

Damo's a pod-person! Or maybe a Martian. :eek:

Oh well; to each their own.

OrnotBitwise said:
Calmer? Those colors hurt your eyes less? I think you must see in a different part of the spectrum than I do.

Damo's a pod-person! Or maybe a Martian. :eek:

Oh well; to each their own.
Grey isn't calmer than white or light blue? Methinks I am not the pod-person...

don't listen to him damo, after you updated the buttons this looks pretty slick. I like it a lot. Though maybe it would be cool to have alternating colors (i.e. dark gray light gray) throughout the thread.. but it's still really good right now.

I'm hoping it translates over when I upgrade. The newest release has come out and I'm going to update the whole site sometime this weekend...

And speaking of that upgrade, you mentioned that the site will be down again on Saturday (8/5). Any notion as to when, exactly? It's not a big deal, of course, but wanting minds inquire to know . . . .

OrnotBitwise said:
And speaking of that upgrade, you mentioned that the site will be down again on Saturday (8/5). Any notion as to when, exactly? It's not a big deal, of course, but wanting minds inquire to know . . . .
I'm going to try to do it as late as possible. But I can't know when that will be. I want the impact to be as minimal as possible.

Damocles said:
I'm going to try to do it as late as possible. But I can't know when that will be. I want the impact to be as minimal as possible.
'SOkay. I know how that goes.

Hey, by that time I should be at the Giants game anyway. :cool:

So, here are some of the new features with the new stuff...

There is a mutli-quote feature. In the Black it is listed as M-Quote and M-Quote ON when you selected it... In the Old Style and The Blue it is the little box with the quotes and the plus sign..

There is also a feature that will add a link to the post a quote comes from that will take you to that post....

We'll figure other ones out as we go along! Enjoy, the board is back up...

By the Way... It appears as if I will not need to take the site down tomorrow at all... The full upgrade has been installed, as long as it keeps running this smoothly I can see no reason to shut the site down again...

By the Way... It appears as if I will not need to take the site down tomorrow at all... The full upgrade has been installed, as long as it keeps running this smoothly I can see no reason to shut the site down again...
That's found on page 32 of Famous Last Words, by Ivan Dinosaurpenovich.

;)

FYI - If you are using a photo of yourself as an avatar and uploading it directly please read this!

If you want to keep your name private, do not upload a photo with your name as the filename.

Okay, I have fixed it so that more than one debate can happen at a time and eliminated the need for the time limit in one fell swoop. Later, after we have gotten used to the numerical IDs I can allow users to create their own debate threads for themselves and whomever they wish to be allowed into the thread...

I hope you all enjoy this new feature. IH8 and H2O have agreed to be the first debate tomorrow. I have already created their thread and they may now begin their debate at any time. The debate will continue until the Debators have agreed that the debate has ended, or after one week... Whichever comes first!

Back