Ain't welfare great?

The guy with the cell phone camera wasn't a media guy.
Yes, but people being there excited is part of the photo op. Get it?

If you were running a photo op, you'd hand somebody standing nearby the phone to get the "candid" photo so the media types could show how "excited" the hungry were to see her there. Just like they handed out identical cameras to all the GIs and only allowed those in who voted for Obama when he went to Iraq.

Yes, but people being there excited is part of the photo op. Get it?

If you were running a photo op, you'd hand somebody standing nearby the phone to get the "candid" photo so the media types could show how "excited" the hungry were to see her there. Just like they handed out identical cameras to all the GIs and only allowed those in who voted for Obama when he went to Iraq.
If I was having a photo op showing Michelle feeding the poor I'd make sure that she was feeding the poor. *shrug*

If I was having a photo op showing Michelle feeding the poor I'd make sure that she was feeding the poor. *shrug*
Which she was. There was a line of people next to the gentleman with the phone. I doubt you would ever see that place with a clean shot through the glass except by people being asked to hold back for a photo, most of the time people with trays of food would be standing in the way.

It is far more likely that the gentleman with the phone was part of the group that came in with her for the photo op, he was handed a jacket and a phone and told to go up and take the photo while they took a picture of Michelle in the kitchen.

Which she was. There was a line of people next to the gentleman with the phone. I doubt you would ever see that place with a clean shot through the glass except by people being asked to hold back for a photo, most of the time people with trays of food would be standing in the way.

It is far more likely that the gentleman with the phone was part of the group that came in with her for the photo op, he was handed a jacket and a phone and told to go up and take the photo while they took a picture of Michelle in the kitchen.
If the gentleman was assigned to take a picture, in other words, a media guy, you'd think he'd actually have a real camera, not just a cell phone camera. *shrug*

If the gentleman was assigned to take a picture, in other words, a media guy, you'd think he'd actually have a real camera, not just a cell phone camera. *shrug*
You aren't listening. I don't think he was part of the media, just part of the group that went with her or even somebody who entered when he saw her entering.

For instance, they take along a group of media and some "friends" (more likely donors and others who had worked on the campaign to 'earn' a few minutes with Michelle) who went along for the ride and to be part of "history", among those was a black gentleman who either had his own cell phone or was handed one and told to take a picture while the media were taking pictures of Michelle.

They held the line so the shot to Michelle was clear and had the guy go on up to take "his" picture on the cell phone, the media took pictures of that moment along with a zillion others.

Part of the "mystique" is how much other people just think Obama is "cool" and they work towards this, as they did with the Iraqi military personnel and the cameras they handed to them. If somebody didn't step up to take the picture (doubtful because it is clear that they held the line for the photos), they would have staged it.

You aren't listening. I don't think he was part of the media, just part of the group that went with her or even somebody who entered when he saw her entering.

For instance, they take along a group of media and some "friends" (more likely donors and others who had worked on the campaign to 'earn' a few minutes with Michelle) who went along for the ride and to be part of "history", among those was a black gentleman who either had his own cell phone or was handed one and told to take a picture while the media were taking pictures of Michelle.

They held the line so the shot to Michelle was clear and had the guy go on up to take "his" picture on the cell phone, the media took pictures of that moment along with a zillion others.

Part of the "mystique" is how much other people just think Obama is "cool" and they work towards this, as they did with the Iraqi military personnel and the cameras they handed to them. If somebody didn't step up to take the picture (doubtful because it is clear that they held the line for the photos), they would have staged it.

I'm not sure why the fawning media would consider some fawning guy taking a picture with his $500 Blackberry to put the photo op in a positive light. In fact it opens the whole thing up to ridicule. *shrug*

By seeing the screen from a distance you can tell it is a $500 Blackberry?

I'm not sure why the fawning media would consider some fawning guy taking a picture with his $500 Blackberry to put the photo op in a positive light. In fact it opens the whole thing up to ridicule. *shrug*
The picture wasn't for the fawning media, it was for the people who would later see it in the fawning media's newspapers and websites.

I'm often amazed that while conservatives cloak themselves in Christianity or moral high mindedness, when it comes down to doing the moral or Christian thing they get all uppity and indignant. What is it with that? We live this short life and all they praise are bombs and death and hard times for others. Gives them an odd pleasure to kick the poor, but if a CEO makes (read steals) millions they are all happy. Weird weird bunch.

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." Gandhi

"Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried." Gilbert K. Chesterton

A CEO gets hired to reach a goal and when he makes it and gets his due pay that's stealing :rolleyes: - Midcan you are so full of shit I'm surprised you can still type.

I'm often amazed that while conservatives cloak themselves in Christianity or moral high mindedness, when it comes down to doing the moral or Christian thing they get all uppity and indignant. What is it with that? We live this short life and all they praise are bombs and death and hard times for others. Gives them an odd pleasure to kick the poor, but if a CEO makes (read steals) millions they are all happy. Weird weird bunch.

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." Gandhi

"Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried." Gilbert K. Chesterton
What are you talking about? Where does this fit in?

Seriously, we're talking about staged photos and you come up with this?

What are you talking about? Where does this fit in?

Seriously, we're talking about staged photos and you come up with this?

That's an interesting and rather odd reply, it assumes the original post was about that - staged photos. Go back and try hard to remove those blinders. Prejudice and other nonsense doesn't need to be specific sometimes, it is often hidden or implied. Although it is hardly hidden here.

That's an interesting and rather odd reply, it assumes the original post was about that - staged photos. Go back and try hard to remove those blinders. Prejudice and other nonsense doesn't need to be specific sometimes, it is often hidden or implied. Although it is hardly hidden here.
Yes, your reply was interesting and odd, what does a picture at a government-funded soup kitchen have to do with Christians, et al?

You are trying to crowbar a criticism where it doesn't fit.

And yes, this entire thread has been about that staged photo.

And yes, this entire thread has been about that staged photo.

Yes, it is wrong to associate Christians with conservatives, my bad.

I read the first 12 or so posts again, sorry I missed photo discussion completely. Number 11 post was particularly enlightening.

Yes, it is wrong to associate Christians with conservatives, my bad.

I read the first 12 or so posts again, sorry I missed photo discussion completely. Number 11 post was particularly enlightening.
Again, a government-owned soup kitchen and a staged photo op has nothing to do with Christianity regardless of who you associate to Christianity.

Again, a government-owned soup kitchen and a staged photo op has nothing to do with Christianity regardless of who you associate to Christianity.

It's not a government-owned soup kitchen.

"First Lady Michelle Obama stopped in at Miriam's Kitchen, a soup line for the homeless just seven blocks from the White House.

Tucked in the basement of Western Presbyterian Church in Foggy Bottom, and recognized for its work with the homeless for 26 years, the kitchen serves breakfast for 200 to 250 a day - mainly men, according to Sara Gibson, director of development. The privately funded kitchen has the help of more than 1,200 volunteers."

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/2009/03/michelle_obamas_soupkitchen_du.html

Back