Al Jazeera America to Shut Down by April -

Right, it's our fault. They struggled to get more than 30K viewers in Prime Time. Unless you were one of those 30K viewers you need to do some introspection rather than finger-pointing. I notice that Desh never linked to them, I doubt she watched them either.

It wasn't "the right" that made them fail, Desh. Nobody was watching. Even Arabs in the US weren't watching with those numbers.

where did I say that ?

why are you lying

The cable news channel Al Jazeera America, which debuted in 2013 to great fanfare when it promised to cover American news soberly and seriously, is shutting down by the end of April. The move was announced at a companywide meeting on Wednesday.
In a memo to the staff, Al Jazeera America’s chief executive, Al Anstey, said the “decision by Al Jazeera America’s board is driven by the fact that our business model is simply not sustainable in light of the economic challenges in the U.S. media marketplace.”
“I know the closure of AJAM will be a massive disappointment for everyone here who has worked tirelessly for our long-term future,” he continued. “The decision that has been made is in no way because AJAM has done anything but a great job. Our commitment to great journalism is unrivaled.”

Al Jazeera America went on the air in August 2013 after it bought Al Gore’s Current TV for $500 million. It promised to be thoughtful and smart, free of the shouting arguments that have defined cable news in the United States over the last decade. But meaningful viewership never came, with prime-time ratings sometimes struggling to exceed 30,000 viewers.

To make matters worse, the newsroom was hit with turmoil last year when staff members complained bitterly of a culture of fear. There was an exodus of top executives, along with a pair of lawsuits from former employees that included complaints about sexism and anti-Semitism at the news channel.

In May, Ehab Al Shihabi, the chief executive of Al Jazeera America, was replaced by Mr. Anstey. Morale improved in the following months but ratings remained low.

And Al Jazeera America has not been free of controversy in recent months. In November, the news station’s general counsel, David W. Harleston, was suspended following a report in The New York Times that he did not appear to be licensed to practice law. In late December, Al Jazeera aired an hourlong documentary that linked some of the biggest stars in Major League Baseball and the National Football League to performance-enhancing drugs. The most prominent athlete mentioned in the report was the Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning, who angrily denied the report, calling it “complete garbage” and “totally made up.”

As part of Wednesday’s announcement, Mr. Anstey said that after the cable news network shuts down by April 30, Al Jazeera would expand its digital presence in the United States. The expansion “would bring new global content into America.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/14/business/media/al-jazeera-america-to-shut-down-in-april.html?_r=1

roflmao.gif

I just don't understand how a pro muslim tv station did not work in the United States, especially with all the cum gurgling liberals we have around here defending them.

this

I claimed nothing, I said I doubted something.

Look. This isn't a right/left thing. Nobody watched. If they struggle to get 30K viewers in Prime Time, as the story says, then nobody was watching. Right/left or Arab. There are enough Arabs in the US to get that number much higher, if they watched. They didn't. That number, when compared the others, literally shows that the number of people watching probably stumbled on the channel on accident rather than watched on purpose. Nobody watched.

You've posted several times about how it is "the right" to blame because they "feared" it because of the name. What is the excuse for the left? Nobody at all watched this channel.

continued to win awards for its coverage. But in the end, the decision was an economic one.

too bad it was some good international news

post 15

my first post in this thread

your little cohorts are hating on this news station for nothing more than having an Arabic name

so what do you do ?

lie about what I said

see why its so hard for me to believe you are he man you used to be when I first me you

Right, it's our fault. They struggled to get more than 30K viewers in Prime Time. Unless you were one of those 30K viewers you need to do some introspection rather than finger-pointing. I notice that Desh never linked to them, I doubt she watched them either.

It wasn't "the right" that made them fail, Desh. Nobody was watching. Even Arabs in the US weren't watching with those numbers.

your words are sill here grind

I claimed nothing, I said I doubted something.

Look. This isn't a right/left thing. Nobody watched. If they struggle to get 30K viewers in Prime Time, as the story says, then nobody was watching. Right/left or Arab. There are enough Arabs in the US to get that number much higher, if they watched. They didn't. That number, when compared the others, literally shows that the number of people watching probably stumbled on the channel on accident rather than watched on purpose. Nobody watched.

You've posted several times about how it is "the right" to blame because they "feared" it because of the name. What is the excuse for the left? Nobody at all watched this channel.

your own words prove you are lying

unlock those threads of mine

its no right to try and hide your failures merely because you have scraps of power

Link to them, Desh. Link to them. You can even link to the posts. The reality is: They story says they struggled to get 30K viewers in Prime Time, this isn't the "fault" of the right. Nobody on the left was watching either. That is a fact.

I informed you that you can start new threads with links, I even offered to make a prediction area where I would move threads if you wanted, but that wasn't good enough for you. You want to be a victim and pretend that we've done something to you. At this point you are unreasonable on that front, and the posters here know it.

Link to them, Desh. Link to them. You can even link to the posts. The reality is: They story says they struggled to get 30K viewers in Prime Time, this isn't the "fault" of the right. Nobody on the left was watching either. That is a fact.

where did I claim that you liar

I did not claim that you liar

quit pretending I claimed that you liar

I informed you that you can start new threads with links, I even offered to make a prediction area where I would move threads if you wanted, but that wasn't good enough for you. You want to be a victim and pretend that we've done something to you. At this point you are unreasonable on that front, and the posters here know it.

why?

just unlock them

there is no need for their closure

they are locked

that was something done

WHY???????????????

there was no harm in posting in an old thread

it harms nothing on this site

they were closed to protect right wing failure of ideas

where did I claim that you liar

I did not claim that you liar

quit pretending I claimed that you liar

the name is all you haters knew about them huh

you who know nothings hated them because there name was Arabic.

how lame are you people?

very

These posts Desh, where you speak about some people here being afraid of them for their name.

The reality is, these people did not cause Al Jazeera to leave, the fact that they could not get viewership caused them to fail.

post 15

my first post in this thread

your little cohorts are hating on this news station for nothing more than having an Arabic name

so what do you do ?

lie about what I said

see why its so hard for me to believe you are he man you used to be when I first me you

see he word hating?

is not he same as the word fear

this is what you sociopaths do grind

actual FACTS and truth mean nothing to people like you

they meant things to the real damo

tell me which person did damos wife tell him he looks like?

its the kind of thing I remember about chatting with a friend.

I remember who

do you grind?

Back