Alabama or OSU?

Cancel 2018.1

Bama's signature win was against LSU, same as Troy and Mss. State . Didn't win their div. in the conference.
OSU won their conference which was toughest in CF this year.

Choosing bama would put two from SEC and ignoring champions from two of the power five conferences.
I think it's a no brainer.

Last edited:
I agree. I think Ohio State should be the 4th team. They played, and beat, more top teams and they won their conference.

I also think it won't matter too much. Both OSU and Georgia will play hard but lose in the first round.

Who is Alabama going to play, and when?

That depends on who the selection committee picks for the playoffs. If they move Bama up to #4, we will play Clemson in the Sugar Bowl.

I predict the committee will put Ohio State at #4 and Bama will play Miami in the Orange Bowl.

The question comes down to which is more important, having 2 losses including getting blown out by a team that barely has a winning season and lost to Purdue, or winning your conference.

Buckeyes!
Strength of schedule...
(and how they bounced back from that miserable loss-imho:)

Morning Top, I see your pals are in hiding this fine morning.

Not hiding ,sleeping in, Ohio State should be the forth team,everything
is in their favor.
Except the last two years the Big Ten representative has been crush,first Mich St 31 to 0.
Then last year Ohio State crushed 35 to 0 by Clemson.
Which is why I would like to see a rematch against Clemson.
I found it hard to believe Wisconsin was undefeated with such a bad QB.
Congratulation to MAC champs Toledo.

Not a fan of either, so being nonpartisan, I'd say Ohio State, Alabama really hasn't beat anyone, nor played as many teams in the top ten as Ohio State has, plus the later won their conference, easily Ohio State.

Last year's results or the historical record of Big Ten teams in the final four should have no bearing at all on the choice

Ohio State played 10 conference games, Alabama 8. It's a joke.

I'm surprised they put Bama in. But, regardless of the number of conference games, Bama lost only once. And that was to the #6 team by 12. OSU lost 2. One was to a top team. But one was an ugly blowout by an unranked team. That is what cost them the spot.

I'm surprised they put Bama in. But, regardless of the number of conference games, Bama lost only once. And that was to the #6 team by 12. OSU lost 2. One was to a top team. But one was an ugly blowout by an unranked team. That is what cost them the spot.

And that loss was to the only top team they played, Ohio played four, beating three

And that loss was to the only top team they played, Ohio played four, beating three

Yep. And if they could've gotten the committee to ignore the 30 point blowout at the hands of a 5 loss Iowa, they would have gotten in. The blowout by Iowa is what cost them the berth.

This run Alabama has been on is amazing so I take nothing away from them. I just don't like the fact they can play only 8 conference games then teams like Mercer in November and no league Championship game. The Committee is showing its advantageous to schedule weak opponents.

This run Alabama has been on is amazing so I take nothing away from them. I just don't like the fact they can play only 8 conference games then teams like Mercer in November and no league Championship game. The Committee is showing its advantageous to schedule weak opponents.

The number of conference games means something. But not as much as you are claiming.

Alabama played 3 conference games against teams with losing records. Vandy, Arkansas, and TN. They ended the season with records of 5-7, 4-8, and 4-8 respectively.

Ohio State played 5 conference games against teams with losing records. Indiana, Rutgers, Maryland, Nebraska, and Illinois. Those teams ended the season with records of 5-7, 4-8, 4-8, 4-8, and 2-10, respectively.

So you will excuse me if I don't act too impressed over their scheduling an extra 4-8 team and a 2-10 team.

In fact, Ohio State played 6 teams that ended up with a losing record. Alabama only played 4 teams with losing records.

Back