Alien Economics

He would gain no market share unless he cut prices drastically. We saw that with Walmart. It was able to use low cost Chinese goods to capture market share, but only by passing on the cost savings to the consumer.

not all of the cost savings. just enough to beat the non slave products.

and after monopoly is achieved there will be no reason to pass savings along.

do you believe in monopoly busting or "trust busting"?

I do.

not all of the cost savings. just enough to beat the non slave products.

and after monopoly is achieved there will be no reason to pass savings along.

do you believe in monopoly busting or "trust busting"?

I do.

Again, how would these aliens use slave labor to travel across the galaxy? Isn't it more likely they just have more advanced technology?

And again, why would they want to give a monopoly to one group of humans? And get nothing out of it?

Again, how would these aliens use slave labor to travel across the galaxy? Isn't it more likely they just have more advanced technology?

And again, why would they want to give a monopoly to one group of humans? And get nothing out of it?

they would probably just keep the slaves off world and transport the merchandise, and use it to put every earthling out of business, like amazon and walmart with americans.

it's called a loss leader. they give up away some goods upfront but get a monopoly in the end, especially if government helps them achieve this end.

if "free market" leads to unfree market, is it really free market?

what's the supply side line on monopolies?

best case scenario?

they would probably just keep the slaves off world and transport the merchandise, and use it to put every earthling out of business, like amazon and walmart with americans.

it's called a loss leader. they give up away some goods upfront but get a monopoly in the end, especially if government helps them achieve this end.

So a widget has 10 cents of labor put into it, which could in theory be saved through slave labor. And then costs a trillion dollars to transport across the galaxy. That means the widget that would have cost a dollar would cost a trillion dollars?

We do not get carried by slaves today, because we have cars. They are much better than slaves. I would assume that a spaceship would be even better than slaves.

So a widget has 10 cents of labor put into it, which could in theory be saved through slave labor. And then costs a trillion dollars to transport across the galaxy. That means the widget that would have cost a dollar would cost a trillion dollars?

We do not get carried by slaves today, because we have cars. They are much better than slaves. I would assume that a spaceship would be even better than slaves.

using slaves in one aspect of society doesn't mean one uses them in every aspect of society. you're very stupid.

tech in some areas, animal labor in others. potatoes and beer are cheap. potatoes beer and divisive comments and you can control society.

using slaves in one aspect of society doesn't mean one uses them in every aspect of society. you're very stupid.

tech in some areas, animal labor in others. potatoes and beer are cheap. potatoes beer and divisive comments and you can control society.

Technology means that it is cheaper, and better to just have a car, then to have a human carry you around. I cannot imagine a civilization being so much more advanced than ours that they have interstellar travel, but still using slaves to make bobbles.

Technology means that it is cheaper, and better to just have a car, then to have a human carry you around. I cannot imagine a civilization being so much more advanced than ours that they have interstellar travel, but still using slaves to make bobbles.

there are slaves making bauble right now.

you're soaking in it, palmolive.

Back